Chapter 7

We finally got there, but I had the impression that we didn't get anywhere but the cemetery. There were bodies everywhere, the whole area was deserted. I reached for the knife, looking at Daryl.

"Be ready"

He grunted in confirmation and we left, joining the others. Glenn was right next to me.

"Carol, Sophie" I extended my hand to them, which Sophie quickly grabbed. "Stay right next to me, okay?"

Carol nodded and Sophie snuggled into my side.

"All right, everybody. Keep moving. Go on. Stay quiet. Let's go. Okay, keep moving. Stay together" said Shane.

We reached the building, which was locked and shuttered.

"Keep it together. Come on" said Shane and started pounded on door.

"There's nobody here" said T-dog.

"Then why are these shutters down?" asked Rick.

Walker's noises began to reach me. I looked behind me and seeing the approaching corpses, I was out of breath. There were many, and more were coming.

"Trouble" I whispered, and Sophie hugged me tighter.

"Walkers!" Daryl shouted.

"Sweetheart" I looked at Sophie. "Go to your mom and I'll protect you, okay?"

Daryl fired his crossbow, hitting Walker between the eyes.

"You led us into a graveyard!"

"He made a call." Shane said.

"It was the wrong damn call!"

"Don't say anything," I said looking at Daryl. "Cover me."

"Hey, what?"

I didn't wait, I just ran ahead. I hit the first Walker right in the head. For a moment I had trouble getting the dagger out of his head, so I had to help myself with my foot. I heard another growl just behind my ear, so I swung at the corpse's neck.

"Shit" I mumbled and corrected my mistake. Another was close, so I shot. To the next one too. And when the third was right behind me, I felt an arrow fly past my cheek. I looked at Daryl and ran towards them because more dead were a bit further away, but they were kept coming.

"Rick, it is dead, man. It's an automated device. It's gears, okay? They're just winding down. Now come on." screamed Shane looking at Rick.

"Everybody get back to the cars now!" Shane looked at us, but I watched Rick, who was looking at the camera the whole time.

"Please, we're desperate. Please help us. We have women, children, no food, hardly any gas left."

"Rick. There's nobody here." said Lori hugging Carl.

"We have nowhere else to go" Rick didn't stop and started pounding on the door.

"Keep your eyes open. If you don't let us in, you're killing us! Please!"

"Lizz" Sophie grabbed my hand. I looked at a terrified Carol and Glenn.

"Let's go" Daryl said, appearing right next to us. He was so close I could feel his breath on my cheek. "I'll cover ya. Take the girls and brother to the car"

I fixed the gun grip. I gave him a sign.

"Please help us. You're killing us! You're killing us! You're killing us!" Rick shouted.

I looked at Daryl.

"Ready?"

He nodded and gripped the gun tighter.