Chapter 9 Angel at Angel Lane

"Hope you know I had to pull a few strings to change your arrival slot," Henry whispered to me as we took my things inside

"Hope you know I had to pull a few strings to change your arrival slot," Henry whispered to me as we took my things inside. But I was barely listening because I kept my eyes peeled for that guy trying to spot him—and annoyingly enough, he disappeared from my view. Made me a little more sure he was Bealey's nephew and my Peter Pan—he had a knack for disappearing just when I tried to catch him. The thing is though, he was a little too cold to me—the guy that climbed up my window and kissed me in the cellar and everywhere else in between was much more different in his personality... more playful and sweet. A little doubt crept into my mind. What if I made a mistake? If only I could bump into him again.

"I'll go check you in and get your room key, stay with the bags in the meantime," Henry said and advanced to the reception. I stood in the middle of the hallway, looking around. The place was light and airy, the friendly chatter of a few new students like me filling the place. I felt like I couldn't wait to join them, for some reason. Maybe it won't be so bad here after all.

I badly wanted to roam around and explore the place but I had to watch my stuff so I took a seat near the reception instead. At least there were plenty of couches. those would come in useful after late-night parties on heels... what? Just being practical.

There weren't a lot of people checking in—officially, this wasn't the main moving day and I was early. I supposed the crowds would start pouring in later on. Eventually, I'd get to know all those people, start mingling, trying to fit in...

"I've got your key." Henry came back, jangling my key in his hand, breaking me out of thought. "Now let's get you settled in."

"I really appreciate all the help, Henry," I said with a grateful smile as we rode the elevator to the third floor where my room was.

"Don't give it a second thought, cuz," Henry said, smiling at me. "Remember, it's in my best interest to get you out of the estate."

"Oh shut up, I know you're glad to be doing this for me." I punched him playfully. He grinned.

"Here we are," he said as we arrived at the door. He unlocked it and I entered first.

 He unlocked it and I entered first