Chapter 38 All I Want for Christmas

Warning, some pretty hot content.🔥🥵😍♥💋

Later that night, I took a stroll down to Gwan's indoor pool (might as well avail myself of the amenities) since I was at a loose end on my own

Later that night, I took a stroll down to Gwan's indoor pool (might as well avail myself of the amenities) since I was at a loose end on my own. A swim in a private, humongous heated pool was a luxury I was familiar with back home—and I so missed the water!

I passed by Gwan who was going to bed on the way there, who caught sight of me in my sexy, two-piece gold-colored bikini and nearly had a stroke—but she didn't say anything although she gave me a look like she was chewing on lemons. Man, she must really want me around for the holidays. Her self-control deserved an award.

The swimming pool was huge, as expected. I slipped in, floating around lazily for a bit. Then I splashed about, diving under before resurfacing and repeating the maneuver several times. I loved the water, gosh how I missed the beaches in Venice! Trini and I used to be a pair in the water. But this was pretty good, all things considered. Just a bit lonely.

On my fifth round after diving and resurfacing, I had a pleasant surprise waiting for me by the pool.

"Did my dove turn into a swan? I didn't know you were an aquaphilia."

"Daylen!" I squealed in elation when my head bobbed out of the water. "You're back!" He grinned.

"That excited to see me?" He asked, crouching down beside the pool. I swam to the edge so that our faces were just inches apart.

"When did you get back? How was your day with your mom? I wanna hear all about it!"

"Just a little while ago. And it was incredible, Lys," Daylen sat cross-legged in front of me with glowing eyes as he recounted his day. "I can't remember the last time I spent the whole day having fun with Mum. We did all her favorite activities—we went wreath-making, ice-skating, took a sleigh ride in the park, built snowmen together, had dinner at this cozy little inn..."

"Sounds like you had a blast," I smiled, thrilled to see the joy in his face. "I'm so happy for you, Daylen."

"Oh, and I brought you back a little something." Daylen pulled out a pink cardboard box from behind his back. "Mum wanted to visit her favorite bakery and insisted I bring you back a thank-you gift."

"Daylen, she really doesn't have anything to thank me for—oh my gosh, are those chocolate eclairs?" My eyes nearly popped out when Daylen opened the box and I saw the mouthwatering desserts.

"Filled with custard," Daylen said proudly. "Here, open up." Daylen held the eclair to my lips since I was still in the pool. I took a bite, making the cream filling ooze out and I groaned.

"Dang, you Brits are the masters of confectionery! I'm sending a huge thanks to your mom!" I licked my lips for stray crumbs and cream making Daylen chuckle.

"You look irresistible when you do that, dove," he said in a husky voice. I smirked and paddled away from him.

"Well then, why don't you join me? The water's warm and there's plenty for two." I bobbed higher, letting Daylen see my swimsuit and everything in between—and boy, did he stare. I noticed his eyes turn hooded as they dipped down my cleavage and his ears turned red as he caught ample view of the rest of my skin. Swimsuits were pretty good at turning on your sweethearts.