Chapter 50 Tale as Old as Time

Once upon a time, there was a girl who had it all... the boyfriend of her dreams, a gorgeous house by the beach, and a wonderful family. She already had her happily ever after from the beginning, living like a princess. There was nothing more she wanted in life. Then one day, she made a huge mistake and got sent across the sea to a different country—her world came shattering down and she lost everything.

Or so she thought.

Alone and miserable inside, she didn't expect her life to be a fairytale again... until a fairytale-like creature flew through her window. She named him Peter Pan. He came empty-handed but he stole her heart on the way out, leaving her with no clue of his identity. Who was he?

She made it her mission to track him down. At first she thought she found him in a moody boy at college, after playing a wild game of hide and seek with him; but then she had her doubts when she got to know him—he couldn't possibly be her Peter Pan, could he?

Still, she started to fall for this enigma of a boy, drawn to him despite her heart's protests. Then, one night at a ball, he swept her off her feet, as the prince did Cinderella, making her break all her rules for the attraction that sparked between them.

When trouble threatened her, he came riding to her rescue; when she was alone, he became the safe haven for her heart. But then he disappeared from her sight!

That's when, hunting him down, she discovered he had a secret—there was more to him than met the eye. He turned out to be a prince in disguise, a prince with a painful family secret. During the day, he wore a crown; when away from the maddening crowd, he wore an apron and worked in the kitchen. Her Peter Pan was both a prince and a pauper.

Yet, despite his secret, the fire of love kindled between them and she began to find hope again. Losing everything started to look like she'd gained something better—a love that would last a lifetime. She even began to wish for forever with him. She gave him her heart and he had given her his. And everything seemed perfect again.

Until, she found herself in a forbidden love story.

Suddenly she was Juliet and he was her Romeo and their future together was plunged into shadowy darkness. They went through storms together, fighting the odds to defend their love. When all seemed calm again, just when she thought they could get their happily ever after, the final test came upon them—one only a miracle could pull them out of.

Her faith had to stand the test of fire, her love had to prove stronger than death. Because the love of her life was at stake. Who was that girl?

That girl was me.

I woke up hours later feeling like I'd been in a shipwreck. I felt like I had had nightmares after nightmares which I couldn't wake up from. I dreamed I was in the warm embrace of the one I loved the most; we were laughing and talking and hugging each other under the sun—I was singing the song 'You are my sunshine' to him—until suddenly the warmth left my arms, the sky turned dark and I was left alone. My sunshine had been taken away...