Chapter 33 Don't Quit Cold Turkey

November arrived with the first nip of winter, and it shocked me that I'd already been in Britain for more than three months. The days just flew by with Daylen around and the approaching winter season only seemed warmer with his arms around me every night. We were inseparable.

We were also established as the most envied couple in all of London, from what I hear. Guess when you have famous last names and hail from blue-blood families, you're the talk of the town. Word gets out fast around here, the gossipmongers don't waste any time. But so far, Daylen assured me word hadn't reached my Gwan in the countryside yet. Not that I cared about her opinion on whom I dated but I was curious about her reaction if she ever found out I was dating the help who secretly turned out to be an heir.

Henry did text me a few times trying to find out who I was dating and how he appeared to work at the estate but I kept it hush-hush. I told him I'd explain everything next time I visited the estate. I mean, I didn't even tell Mom and Dad yet.

I told them that Kevin and I were over though; they tried to comfort me and it took me a full hour to convince them I was so over him. If only they knew it was because of a British heartthrob beside me.

The only person I shared all my secrets with was Trini, the one person who wouldn't spill to anyone. I told her what happened with the jerk I dumped, that was way overdue. I had a long video chat with her explaining everything that transpired with Daylen and how we were a couple and all—I even shared the pictures we took together.

"Damn, Lys, he really is freaking hot," Trini commented, all bug-eyed when she saw him. "And from what you told me, sounds like he's the whole package."

"Yeah, he has a heart big as the Atlantic," I said dreamily. "He takes selfless to a whole new level."

"Well I'm glad you're happy," Trini said with a genuine smile at me. "Whatcha tell the folks?"

"That I broke up with jerk-face, but that's all. I'm not sure I'm ready to admit to them that I'm dating a hottie here—yet," I said, thinking about Daylen's request. Trini nodded.

"Kevin tried calling me a few times trying to get to you but I hung up in his sorry face."

"You did the right thing, he doesn't deserve the time of day," I said with a huff. "Now tell me about you! How's Greek life? Are sororities fun or frightening as the movies depict? Are you seeing any hot guys? Any plans for Thanksgiving?"

"Whoa, slow down!" Trini laughed. "Greek life is a lotta pep rallies mostly and I'm still not sure I'm comfortable with sisterhood over best-friend-in-the-whole-wide-world-hood yet. And I'm celebrating Thanksgiving with your family, your parents are coming down and have invited us over just like old times."

"Aww, I'm gonna miss that," I said wistfully. "I didn't even know Mom and Dad were coming to Venice again so soon..." I clapped my hands, changing the subject. "So you didn't mention any guys, I guess that means you're not dating yet," I laughed. Trini made incoherent noises like she does when she's embarrassed.

"Er, um, buh, ger, I didn't say that." I squealed.

"Who is he?" I asked excitedly.

"His name's Justin and so far he hasn't shown singular interest in me but..." Trini scratched her cheek. "He asked me to join him for a walk tomorrow."

"Go! Feel him out, flaunt your flirting skills, find out if he's into you!" I encouraged her. "Bring food into the picture, trust me it's a bonus at a date."

"You would say that, bestie!" Trini laughed. "But I hear you. I'll let you know how it goes."

"Pinky promise!" I said, and we both held our pinkies to the camera and giggled.