Chapter 27 Alyssa in Wonderland

My days in London changed from dreary to dreamy because of Daylen

My days in London changed from dreary to dreamy because of Daylen. I'd never felt more at home away from home because of him. He had become my new comfort zone, my everything. Thanks to him, I no longer felt homesick; probably because he always snuck into my room every night and cuddled with me as I slept. We spent every night together since. Sure he'd be gone by morning to protect me from vicious gossip but he never failed to leave a little yellow note of romantic poetry that made me swoon first thing in the morning. I'd collected a whole box of them by now.

I'd never felt happier in London. All the pain and loneliness I felt since coming here and being away from home vanished every night when Daylen arrived in my room and was replaced every morning by warm euphoria when Daylen picked me up on his bike to go to King's. No more lonely trips in the bus or tube for me—Daylen and I were a packaged deal.

I used to be picky with who I dated before I settled on Kevin... I'm a romantic at heart which means I look for the perfect soulmate and all. But I never truly felt like I'd found the right person until Daylen. He felt like my perfect match—and I was in living heaven by his side.

Laurel looked pretty bitter these days; and man, it felt like sweet payback for everything she'd done to me—seeing Daylen wrapped around me like a pretzel every morning when we walked on campus and catching us making out in the library (and the grounds, and on the stairs) made her look like a constipated bullfrog.

Did I forget to mention what happened to Hugo? The dear old dipstick never dared come near me again since Daylen took his post standing guard over me like a dragon its treasure. Basically, he became my bodyguard. Boy, did he make me feel like a queen. By now all of Angel Lane and King's knew we were a thing and no one dared mess with me with Daylen by my side.

He made my days in London, as the Brits say, 'spiffy'.

"Good evening, Diana." Speak of the heartthrob... Daylen greeted me at the door of my room with a smoldering smile one evening. I smiled back at him like a Cheshire cat. I loved how he used Laurie's line from Little Women; ever since he found out he was my favorite character, he started taking on the role. And I was his Amy.

"Good evening, Apollo." I greeted back, and my heart started going pitter-patter at the sight of him... Be still my beating heart, I already know you're attracted to him! But shoot, he was so damn hot slouching against the doorpost, holding a paper bag full of food I knew he brought for me.

"Dinner is served," he said, entering my room and shutting the door behind him with his foot. Ever since we got back to Angel Lane, Daylen said he'd cook me dinner every night (sweetest boyfriend ever) and we'd eat together before hitting the hay—also together. I think he feels guilty for not telling me the truth about his identity—or he wants to make up for what I did for him at the ball... Either way, he was spoiling me to bits and I loved it. I smacked my lips appreciatively, deciding to play with him a little.

"Are you talking about what's in the bag, or you?" I asked, giving him a suggestive arch of my brow. "Because you look darn delicious." Low, melodious chuckles erupted from Daylen at my flirting. He dropped the bag on the table and wrapped a tantalizing arm around me, yanking me flush against his body, and making me gasp.