Chapter 31 Breakfast at Piccadilly

Sunday's always a good day

Sunday's always a good day. It's the Lord's day, why wouldn't it be? I made plans to go to church with Daylen, share a lunch date with him afterward, call my folks to introduce him to them on video chat...

But then somebody had to try and foil my precious plans.

I woke up stretching myself out like a cat in bed—only to be pleasantly surprised to find a sexy, sylphlike, shirtless body next to me—Daylen stayed in my bed until morning for the first time! He didn't go to his room last night!

I turned to ogle his gorgeous sleeping form, lightly tracing his tattoo lines and muscle contours without waking him. He looked so kissable fast-asleep, it made my mouth water. I quietly leaned down and left a long peck on his lips—until I felt his arm wrap around me and yank me closer, bang against his bare chest.

"Ah!" I gasped in laughter. He smirked up at me with a suggestive pucker.

"Is this how you always wake people up, dove?" He asked, rubbing distracting circles on my back.

"Only the hotties I find under my sheets," I answered playfully, "and so far, you're the first." Daylen chuckled and pulled me in for a long, morning kiss. Golly, it was swell waking up to this.

"So how come you didn't leave while I was sleeping for once?" I asked, settling into his arms.

"Mmm, I couldn't bear to leave my dove last night. Although I might make this a regular thing, I quite enjoy your scintillating company and radiant smile first thing in the morning." Boy, was he an expert at making me blush.

"But what about the residency rules?" I asked.

"I was never very good at keeping those," Daylen said with a smoldering stare at me, sending shivers up my spine, "and I'm quite inclined to break them even further with you." He tucked his head under my neck, hungrily suckling my skin and leaving me gasping and breathless. Cheese and crackers, this boy had a knack for making me wanna stay in bed all day! But I had too many plans with him for that.

"Daylen—we have—to go—to church—"

"I'm sure I can plead with God for five more minutes with you," Daylen said glibly, grazing his teeth against my neck. I was five seconds away from screaming out in pleasure when—

Think of a wonderful thought... My phone rang on the table, right on time. Daylen snorted and pulled away with a pout.

"That bloody phone's conspiring against me while singing my theme song," he grumbled, making me burst out in laughter. I picked up the call, seeing it was from Henry. Wonder what he wanted so early on a Sunday morning.

"Hey Hen, what up?"

"What's up? I'm calling to give you a head's up!" Henry's voice came out high-pitched and panicky, making me wince and hold the phone out a little distance.