Chapter 23 When Two Worlds Collide

You ever wake up feeling like you just had the perfect night with perfect dreams and no nightmares? Because I was experiencing that for the third time in my life this morning

The first time was after Freshers Ball when I spent the night in Daylen's arms—and although the second was the night he rescued me from the haunted house, last night was really the icing on top when I got an appetizer of pure euphoric bliss being ravished with Daylen's kisses until we fell asleep wrapped up in each other. No wonder people get married; being in love and waking up to your sweetheart every morning must be a dream. One that Daylen was giving me tastes of and leaving me hungry for more.

I woke up to an empty bed however and guessed Daylen had to sneak back to his own room next to Bealey's before anyone woke up. I felt a tad disappointed because I'd have loved to kiss him 'good morning' and maybe steal a cuddle or two before getting up—but then I saw a little pad of yellow paper stuck on the pillow Daylen had slept on. I grabbed it eagerly and read it:

I must bid my dove adieu though it tears my heart that I cannot watch her bloom at dawn. I shall wait impatiently until dusk before I can adore my fleur de Lys again.

Daylen

Sweet flippin' pea, this guy was a regular Romeo! I can't believe he left me another love note like this. I sighed contently, holding it to my heart in swoony satisfaction. I had to go find him; forget about waiting till dusk!

I woke kinda late which meant that I missed breakfast—which also meant that I could sneak to the kitchen for a quick bite without Gwan finding out.

Bealey was there, very much occupied with preparing food for tonight's ball, and—yay! Beside him stood my Peter Pan, shelling peas and looking too sexy for his own good in an apron. Boy, that guy can make vegetables look mouth-watering just by standing next to them.

"Hi," I announced myself with a bright smile making them both turn around. Daylen gave me a secret smile behind Bealey, who looked surprised to see me.

"Good morning, Miss Alyssa! I had no idea you were up—did you ring for me? I would've brought the breakfast tray—" he looked like he was in a dither and I rushed to pacify him.

"No, no, it's fine! I prefer eating down here anyway, it's more cozy," I said, taking a seat at the kitchen table. I pointedly stared at Daylen, hoping he'd say something. Bealey noticed and quickly introduced him.

"Oh, Miss Alyssa, this is my nephew, Daylen."

"Yeah, we've met before." 'Met' being a loose term, seeing as we already spent three nights together in bed...

"Oh, you have?" Bealey looked confused for a second. "Of course, you go to King's too! You probably must've seen him around campus."

"Uh-huh." Yeah, that was it. Poor unsuspecting Bealey! I couldn't keep the amusement off my face and neither could Daylen—his sparkly smile flashed at me as Bealey spoke.