Chapter 19

Taehyung watched the doors of the elevator closing with a sigh

Taehyung watched the doors of the elevator closing with a sigh. Why was no plot ever going his way!?

He tried to make up some reasons and not go with Jungkook, he did try to make Jin go who looked confused as to why Taehyung was sending him with Jungkook but it didn't work at all.

Additionally, an awkward silence rose again within them, making him uncomfortable.

" ..."

He wanted to start the conversation, but his sub-conscious mind constantly told him to shut the fuck up. Because who knows what mess he might create for himself by speaking a few words with the male lead.

To him, Jungkook really didn't feel that scary anymore. He didn't look like a life threat to him, it's just that he was scared he might do or speak something and that might get him killed. The plot has varied so much till now, he doesn't know what to do anymore.

" Who was he?" Jungkook asked, and Taehyung could notice a hint of dismay in his voice.

" Jin? He is one of my friends from college," Taehyung replied to his question cooly.

" A friend whose cheeks you touch like that?" He asked, the dismay in his tone increasing.

Jungkook recalled that scene in front of him again which made only made him clench his jaw.

" You saw that? From when were you watching us?" Taehyung asked surprised. Was the mafia boss spying on them?

" Yes I was. Why? If you would have known it was me then you would have been able to hide your relationship with him?" He asked sharply while it was also like a taunt and Taehyung just couldn't understand why he was so upset with that.

" Hmm... there might be two possibilities... either he feels upset because he still feels like he is connected to Jin somewhere or he is rather jealous,"  The system answered to his question before he could even think about something himself.

' God... will you stop doing that! Stop reading every thought of mine... It's creepy and I feel like my privacy is being invaded!' Taehyung complained making her scoff.

" And then how are you going to talk to me in front of others if you want me to stop listening to your thoughts Mr. Smartbrains?" She asked sarcastically.

' As if you are ever of any use!' He replied back sarcastically too which made her gasp dramatically.

" You–"

" Is he that ex?" Jungkook asked, his eyes darkening at his own question.

" X? What X-?"

" Your ex-boyfrie–"

Jungkook's words were interrupted by a sudden jerk in the elevator. Taehyung held onto some support, while he his heart beat rose at the continuous jerks.