Chapter 49

Days and nights passed by as Jungkook tirelessly led the search for Taehyung

Days and nights passed by as Jungkook tirelessly led the search for Taehyung. Sleep was something he didn't know anymore as he checked over any lead that could bring him to his wife.

The usually composed mafia boss, who lead any situation calmly without panicking was going completely crazy. The mafia boss looked fierce and ruthless, that he was, but deep down he was just a man who wanted his lover back in his arms.

With every passing hour, his search only intensified. More and more men were out to search for Taehyung, their numbers growing over a hundred as they went through each street in the city.

Every lead, no matter how small, was pursued. They didn't stop a single moment, and Jungkook frustration only increased every passing second.

" Boss! We've found it!"

Jungkook's heart pounded as he rushed towards Yoongi with urgency.

" What is it, Suga? What did you find?" Jungkook demanded, his voice filled with anticipation.

" We've found the people behind it boss. And you are absolutely not going to like it," he said and clicked on a device which flickered to life before the oh so familiar face were right in front of Jungkook's eyes.

" Kim Seokjin," Jungkook's voice echoed darkly as a chuckle left his throat. The words besides it made his jaw clench.

Ex boyfriend huh? He should've known, he had almost connected the dots yet he left them be because his wife trusted that man so much.

" Boss, he was the one Namjoon spoke about. The new player in the underworld,"

Ofcourse. Emergence matching two weeks before the attack on him; matching with the time he asked his wife out officially and made him his.

" But he's not our main concern. He's just an ally to the main root. We will find him soon and you can choose whatever you want to do with him yourself. But the one behind it all—" Yoongi continued as he swiped in the air, the screen following the action when another face popped up.

"—Is your younger brother,"

Jungkook's breath caught in his throat, his heart sinking like a stone as he stared at the image of his younger brother, Jeon Junho, on the screen.

" Junho," Jungkook whispered, his voice barely audible. His mind tried to comprehend the reason behind the betrayal. Jungkook wasn't that close to his family, only meeting them during family meets, but they all knew what it would cost them to go against him.

" Call Junho," Jungkook spoke to his ai, his voice cold and authorative," I'd like to speak to my younger brother,"

" Calling, Junho," Her voice echoed and in a few seconds the call was picked up.

" Hello?"

" Junho," Jungkook's voice was like ice, cutting through the air with its chilling tone. " How are you, brother? Missing hyung?"