Chapter 39

' I remember Kim Junsoo'; those four words had made Taehyung's mind go blank

' I remember Kim Junsoo'; those four words had made Taehyung's mind go blank. Jin remembering Junsoo was impossible. Taehyung swallowed hard, his eyes locking onto Jin's with a mix of fear and confusion. 

" I... don't know what you are talking about. Who is Kim Junsoo?" He stammered, trying to dismiss the revelation.

Jin's expression remained blank, his eyes piercing into Taehyung's soul. " I know what I remember, Taehyung. I remember Junsoo very well; his cunning schemes, his bullying nature. I even remember his face properly. You cannot deny the fact, Taehyung. One day suddenly you were in Junsoo's place and all of us just accepted it. How was that even possible?"

Taehyung's mind raced as Jin revealed everything. Kim Junsoo was supposed to be erased from their memories and only Kim Taehyung should have existed.

" I don't understand how this is possible," Taehyung muttered, " You were never supposed to remember Junsoo. He should have been forgotten, erased from everyone's memories including yours."

Jin's gaze intensified, suspicion visible across his face. " Explain, Taehyung. Explain who Junsoo is. Explain who you are,"

Taehyung sighed, attempting to stay collected in this situation, " You are right. Someone named Kim Junsoo existed in this world,"

Jin's eyes narrowed. " In this world? What are you talking about?"

Taehyung took a deep breath, " Whatever I am going to tell you now, please listen to it without panicking,"

Jin only nodded.

" So by this world, I meant the world of my book. I am Kim Taehyung, the creator of this world, the creator of this book. Or you could just say, the author of this story. I have written yours, Jungkook's, and Jimin's plot. Everyone's life story who existed here and is known by you and Jungkook is written by me,"

Jin tried to process the information, " That's bullshit,"

" It's not. Kim Seokjin, you are the protagonist of this story. The story should have originally revolved around you," Taehyung started. " Kim Junsoo was the antagonist and Jeon Jungkook was the main lead, your lover."

" Okay this is an absolute lie," Jin refused to believe his words. He and that mafia boss together? In love? Yeah, he would rather die than believe such a theory.

" What would I gain from lying after you've remembered Junsoo?" Taehyung questioned back.

Jin looked at him vulnerably, " Then why was my life so hard? Why was I never happy?"

" ... Because... Because that was your character setting. You suffered in the beginning but you had your happy ending," Taehyung replied in remorse.

" You made my life hell!" Jin's scream made Taehyung wince. He should have seen this coming, but then again, he never expected Jin to remember Junsoo.