Chapter 31

Ikseon was a city where even though the government ruled, it was under the mafia

Ikseon was a city where even though the government ruled, it was under the mafia. Not just any mafia but the Jeons, the family who had ruled the underworld for 3 generations now.

Jeon Jungkook, the third generation Chaebol was known to expand not only his control over the mafias, but also his family company given to him.

Growing up, he was taught to rule the city. He was already an heir to the Jeons the day he was born, being the eldest in the family. At the age of eight, he attended his first meeting with his grandfather. At the age of thirteen, he had killed someone for the first time. At twenty-one, he had strategically expanded his control over the mafia by various thoroughly planned crimes. At twenty-five, he was in the list of one of the 'Most Eligible Bachelor' in the country by a top class Korean magzine.

Now at twenty-eight, he does not only have a strong control over the mafia, but over the entire city. This was his empire and he was born to rule it.

Sharp. Ruthless. Dangerous.

But still, there were a few who liked defiance. They liked playing with fire. And Jungkook? He liked to break them slowly. Torture them ruthlessly, piece by piece. He liked to see them beg for mercy as their limbs were cut off. Because no one eyes on what's his.

This beautiful morning, where he should've been in his office doing paperwork and meetings, he was here at one of the basements.

Apparently, there was yet another confident man eyeing over his empire. When the news reached to Jungkook, it only made him chuckle in amusement.

Fools.

The basement was surrounded by darkness, illuminated with a few ceiling lights. Typical. The smell of blood, copper and sweat had surrounded the basement as Jungkook watched his men torture a man before him.

Not the one who had an eye on his empire, sadly, but one of his subordinates. This had Jungkook's mood worsen, at the incompetence of his well-trained men to capture the main person.

" Boss-" The hesitant voice echoed through the room, and Jungkook's piercing gaze fixated on the interruption. The air grew heavy with tension as his men dared not meet his eyes.

"You dare to interrupt my work?" Jungkook's voice resonated that sent shivers down the spines of those present. His attention fixated on the man who was now trembling.

"Boss, it's important," The man stammered, the weight of Jungkook's glare bearing down on him.

"Idiot, what can be more important to the boss than his work?" Another man interrupted, trying to earn Jungkook's favor.

" Take him away, you know where," Jungkook commanded, dismissing the interruption without a second thought. His focus returned to the matters at hand.

" T-Torturing me isn't going to... to stop anything. My boss will come for you," the man winced in pain but his voice was still strong. And Jungkook wanted nothing but to break it.

Jungkook chuckled darkly and was about to say something when he was interrupted once again.

"Boss, it's your wife's call!" The man that was being 'escorted' away, exclaimed.

The revelation made Jungkook stop all his actions. His focus was now on the man, his dark demeanor changing in a snap. Just the word 'wife' has made his eyes soften.

" Wife called?" Jungkook's voice which was holding authority and power, now carried softness and warmth. Jungkook instructed the men to let the man go and he now strode towards him in anticipation.

" What did he call for?" Jungkook asked the man as he quickly set up the screen to talk to him.

" I-I don't know. I didn't pick up the call," the man replied, his stuttering words a result of unbearable pressure in front of the mafia boss.

" You didn't pick up my wife's call?" Jungkook's dark tone returned, causing the man to shiver as he internally cried.

' If I had picked it up, he would've punished me for talking to his wife!'

" I... I am-"

" Shh... Let me talk to him," Jungkook intervened, silencing the man's words. He swiftly dialed Taehyung's number, a mix of anticipation and concern dwelling inside him. Anticipation to listen to his wife's voice and concern because Taehyung was calling after long which made him think that there were some issues going on.

" Boss about this man-"

" I said not to talk. Let me speak with my wife first," Jungkook warned him which immediately shut him up.

" H-Ha! Mafia boss has a w-weakne-"

* Shot*

" I told you not to talk!" Jungkook said gritting his teeth. The man squirmed and winced in pain, trying his best to keep his mouth shut.

" Hello? Jungkook?" Jungkook's demeanor changed again as soon as he heard his wife's voice.

" What happened? Is anything wrong? Do you need something?" He asked, worried that his wife had run into some problems.

" Um... I was thinking if maybe we could go out?" As soon as Taehyung said that, Jungkook removed his gloves.

" I am coming right away. Where does my wife want to go?"

" I told you not to call me wife! I know you are teasing me but stop it now!" Taehyung adorably huffed which made the whipped man smile.

" How about we go somewhere like a beach?" Taehyung asked, making Jungkook nod in an instance. Jungkook wasn't a fan of beaches, but if Taehyung has asked him, who was he to say no?

" Okay," He replied with a soft smile, " I'll arrange everything for us. How about we go in the evening around 4-5? There won't be much heat around that time to give your beautiful body sun burns or heat strokes. Or do you want to plan it in the evening?"

' And also book an entire beach to make sure no one looks at you,' Jungkook wished to say that, but he did not. That was something he decided to keep it to himself to handle.

The men looked at their mafia boss as if they had seen their ghost. They weren't sure if this man before them was really a ruthless man.

Taehyung on the other hand felt his heart feel warm and his stomach getting butterflies. But he dismissed them immediately just as they had come.

" An evening date will be fine. I don't plan playing in the water,"

His reply made Jungkook nod

" Evening it is then. I'll be picking you up soon. Wait for me-"

" Oh and Jin is coming too,"

The call ended abruptly, leaving Jungkook with a mix of emotions. His anger flared, not at his wife, but at the presence of Jin in their date. The mere mention of Jin's name brought a scowl to Jungkook's face.

Jeon Jungkook, who ran this empire on his own wasn't able to get rid of that one person. Of Kim Seokjin. There was only one option left, but Taehyung would be devastated if he did that.

Why was it getting so difficult to remove him out of their lives?

*****

I don't remember the ages of my characters T-T I don't even know if I have mentioned them in the book. My hazy memory tells me that Taehyung is 21 and Jungkook is 28 but if I'm wrong, please correct me.