Chapter 56

Taehyung's dark brown bambi eyes mindlessly stared at the random clouds across the huge sky-scrappers

Taehyung's dark brown bambi eyes mindlessly stared at the random clouds across the huge sky-scrappers. Now that he came back to his world, it felt like he was pulled out of his fantasy.

The cold wind of the city brushed his face as he sat near his window. He sighed, pulling his coat tighter around himself. How pathetic of him to fall in love with his fictional character even though somewhere in his heart he knew, Jungkook was never meant to be his.

How ridiculous it was to hope for something that could never be. And yet, despite the logic screaming at him, he couldn't shake the desperate hope that somehow, some way, he might see Jungkook again.

" No," Taehyung muttered to himself, shaking his head," Jungkook was never meant to be mine. We were never meant to end together,"

With a sigh, he turned his attention to his laptop, the screen displaying the completed manuscript of his novel. His hands hovered over the keyboard as his eyes scanned through the text for any possible mistake.

A small smile adorned his lips as the memories flooded in with every line he read, longing for Jungkook even more. His heart ached with every word.

He missed Jungkook. He missed the way the mafia boss would look at him with those intense, dark eyes. He missed the way Jungkook's touch would send shivers down his spine. He missed the way Jungkook made him feel loved.

Tears blurred his vision as he reached the end of the manuscript.

Taehyung let out a sob, overwhelmed, as he leaned in. His lips met Jungkook's in a tender kiss, almost conveying how much the other meant to him. Jungkook took no more than a second to kiss back with the same love, wrapping his lover in his arms tenderly, making sure the other know he was always safe in his arms.

It was a kiss filled with love and passion, a promise that they would love the other till the end of their life. They were each other's home, each other's safe haven and in each other's arms, they had found their forever.

" The end," he whispered to himself, tears slipping down his cheek as he edited a few parts and typed the final words. He leaned back in his chair and stared at the story. His and Jungkook's love story that was complete but his heart was emptier than ever.

It felt funny to him, how in people's eyes it would be such an amazing romcom with a happy ending, yet only he knew it was a beautiful tragedy, a tale that ended with them being separated eventually.

For the next week, Taehyung immersed himself in revising the manuscript, going over every detail, every word. He wanted it to be perfect, to capture the feeling of the love he had felt and to write it down for the world to feel. Each revision was like reliving those moments of love, fun and sadness; and with each read, he felt the ache in his heart only grow stronger.

When he was finally satisfied with the manuscript, he decided to publish it anonymously. He didn't want anyone to know that it was his story. It was too personal. He didn't want the attention, the questions. He just wanted to share the story with the world, to let others feel everything that he had experienced.