Chapter 42

As the evening unfolded, Jungkook guided Taehyung to a place away from the bustling city

As the evening unfolded, Jungkook guided Taehyung to a place away from the bustling city. Soft music filled the air as they entered, creating an intimate ambiance. The place seemed reserved just for them.

No one other than Jungkook's men were present at that place. In the middle, a table was adorned with an elegant white tablecloth with a single red rose in a delicate vase. Jungkook pulled out a chair for Taehyung, a small smile playing on his lips. As they sat, drinks were served to them and Jungkook suggested Taehyung to order any of his favorite dishes.

" Ummm... Where are we?" Taehyung asked, feeling a little embarrassed about his simple clothes in such a classy arrangement.

" We are at one of my villas away from the city center. But don't worry, I've arranged good security, invited the best band in the country to play music for us, and inside the kitchen, Michelin star chefs are waiting for your orders to prepare your favorite food," Jungkook announced making Taehyung's eyes widen at the revelation.

He took in the extravagance of the surroundings, a slight blush tinted his cheeks as he fidgeted with his fingers overwhelmed.

" Jungkook, this is... I mean, you didn't have to go through all this trouble," Taehyung stammered, feeling a mix of awe and self-consciousness.

Jungkook chuckled, his gaze softening. " I wanted tonight to be special for us." He reached across the table, gently squeezing Taehyung's hand, attempting to ease his nerves.

Taehyung could feel his heart rush at the sudden contact, making him bite his lips in nervousness and excitement.

" Is this... a date?" He asked carefully, hoping it to be one. Because if so, that would mark their first date arranged by the mafia boss. And Taehyung's stomach flips at that thought.

Jungkook, on the other hand, thought for a moment. " Maybe it could be called one," He nodded.

" You should've at least given me a chance to change my outfit.  I feel underdressed," he admitted, a sheepish smile playing on his lips.

Jungkook's eyes sparkled with amusement. " You could wear the simplest clothes to exist and still be the most stunning person. Besides, I would prefer watching you without them anyways,"

Taehyung coughed, his cheeks heating up again. " You're so shameless!"

Jungkook chuckled, kissing Taehyung's knuckles softly, " If me being honest would be called shameless, then I am shameless for you,"

As their date progressed, their conversation flowed effortlessly. Taehyung's initial shyness began to dissolve in the comfortable atmosphere.

When the meal arrived, he marveled at the exquisite presentation of each dish.

Jungkook watched with a content smile as Taehyung savored the flavors.

Taehyung, on the other hand, stole glances as well. He couldn't help feel mesmerized by the other, his heart thudding so loudly that he was scared the mafia boss would be able to listen to it even from a distance.