Chapter 51

Jungkook walked into the dimly lit basement, the air heavy with the scent of blood and copper

Jungkook walked into the dimly lit basement, the air heavy with the scent of blood and copper. His footsteps echoed against the floor as he approached the corner where Jin was.

Despite the anger boiling within him, he reminded himself of his promise to Taehyung to not hurt the other, making him clench his fists tightly to not break his promise.

" Kim Seokjin," Jungkook's voice cut through the silence like a knife. He stood tall, his eyes fixed on the figure before him, who lifted his head slowly.

Despite his injuries, there was a fire in his eyes that refused to waver.

" What do you want, Jungkook?" Jin's voice was hoarse, laced with pain and bitterness.

" Answers," he replied curtly, his tone cold and unwavering.

Jin's lips curled into a sneer," Answers? You probably don't know what question to ask, Jeon. What answers will you even want?"

Jungkook's jaw clenched, his patience wearing thin." Then disclose everything you know,"

" And why do you think I'll do it?" He asked with a weak smirk.

" Because I get what I want, one way or the other. Don't make me break my promise to my love, Kim Seokjin, because I am one step away from do so,"

" Promise?"

Jungkook chuckled humorously," Promise to not hurt you. Isn't my wife so lovely? Got locked up by you in his fears but still asked me to not cause you harm,"

Jin cursed under his breath. Taehyung knew how to make people around him weak. He knew about his mission, he had to be tortured by the mafia boss, but still decided to protect him. Why was Taehyung defying the missions?

" Let's make this easier for you. Tell me the reason you hurt him,"

Jin let out a bitter laugh," You think I wanted to hurt him? You think I had a choice?"

" What do you mean you didn't have a choice?"

Jin left a shaky sigh," It was an order," he replied vaguely. Saying he was given an order was easier than saying it was a mission.

Jungkook's brows furrowed in confusion. " Order? From who? My brother?"

" It's complicated, Jungkook," Jin sighed," There are things you don't know, things I can't tell you,"

Complicated. Jungkook had come to hate this word a lot. But then he realised something.

" Wife knows," his voice came out barely above a whisper. " He knows about your order,"

Jin nodded," He knows," he confirmed.

Jungkook's frustration boiled over, his fists clenching even tighter. " You both are protecting someone, aren't you? Who is it? Who's pulling the strings?"