Chapter 41

It was more than a week Taehyung had seen the mafia boss and his absence was a very unpleasant experience to say the least

The days without Jungkook felt longer than usual for Taehyung. Despite his attempts to appear nonchalant, his mind constantly wandered back to the man.

Desperate to have a talk, Taehyung had reached out, inviting Jungkook to dinner at a favorite restaurant, only to be met with silence. Frustrated, he decided to get in touch with Namjoon, who returned his call a few seconds later.

" Uh... Is this Mr. Kim...?"

" Yes. Please just call me Namjoon. Boss won't like it-"

" Your boss can fuck off! He didn't pick my call up," Taehyung grumbled, hearing a little gasp on other side.

" Boss didn't pick your call up?" He asked, more like to himself. " Oh... yeah uh... boss is busy these days,"

Taehyung sighed," I wanted to invite him for a dinner but he didn't answer,"

" Let me check with him. I'll get back to you." Namjoon replied in a calm demeanor.

As Taehyung impatiently awaited Namjoon's response, he could almost hear Jungkook's voice, making him grumble yet again.

" Boss is tied up with business, can't make it to the dinner." Namjoon returned making Taehyung sigh.

Disappointed, he mumbled a quick thank you and hung the phone up.

.

.

.

.

.

The next day, about five in the evening, the two best friends were in the university cafeteria, completing their assignment which was due the next day.

The cafeteria was not too crowded for which they were thankful.

" Stop being so moody and pouty all day, will you?" Jimin rolled his eyes when Taehyung kept mumbling to himself while a pout adorned his lips.

" You don't understand Jimin! He canceled my plans for a dinner! And I planned it at his favourite restaurant even though that place is too shiny shiny for me! I admit the food is tasty- but that's not the point! He dared to say no... no actually, what's worse is that he didn't pick my call up in the first place!" Taehyung exclaimed angrily.

" Why are you getting so worked up at that? He must be busy," He said in a duh tone making Taehyung bang his hand on the table.

All students looked at him making him laugh awkwardly.

" I am sorry... Please continue-" He said as he bowed continuously.

" What do you mean he must be busy!? Busy that he can't even meet me for days!?" He whispered-yelled but his words made Jimin smirk.