Chapter 40

Jungkook paced back and forth in his office, a place usually reserved for making high-stakes decisions, now turned into finding perfect apology plans for him

Namjoon and Yoongi exchanged uncertain glances," Boss, maybe you could, you know, buy him something expensive? Like a car or a diamond necklace?" Namjoon suggested tentatively.

Jungkook scoffed, " Namjoon, this isn't a business deal. I can't just throw money at the problem. Wife needs something more... personal."

" How about writing an apology letter?" Yoongi chimed in.

" An apology letter? Those were the moves my grandfather might make," Jungkook shook his head.

" It is a classic move, boss. Pour your feelings on paper, apologize, and sprinkle in the poetry. It will be effective,"

Jungkook, still uncertain about the idea, decided to give it a shot. He sat down at his luxurious desk, a clear contrast to the words he was about to pen.

But as soon as the pen touched the paper, he struggled to find words. He had never touched a pen in years because they weren't needed anymore.

Meanwhile, Namjoon whispered to Yoongi, " Do you think boss knows what poetry is?"

Yoongi shrugged, " Who doesn't know poetry? They are just a few rhyming words here and there with something romantic in between,"

Namjoon shook his head at Yoongi's answer," This is definitely not going to work," He whispered to himself.

.

.

.

Taehyung sat in his house, holding a bouquet in one hand with a letter in another. He already knew whom it was from.

It wasn't even a day and Jungkook had already started it.

Sighing he opened the letter only to be caught off-guard by the mafia boss' poetic attempt.

"Roses are red, and violets, they say, But crime is my business, love ain't my forte," Taehyung recited with a whisper, shaking his head at the poetry.

" Forgive me, wife, for everything I've done; Not killing someone in front of you is a lesson I've learnt- What the hell!?" Taehyung gasped, widening his eyes in disbelief. Did Jungkook really say he will kill that person behind his back?

" I'm a mafia boss, not a poet, it's true; but the one who rules me and my heart is only you," Taehyung continued to read the last stanza of the poem, a chuckle leaving his lips.

Jungkook's attempt was cute, but Taehyung was not going to forgive him for shooting Jin just because of a mere apology letter.

.

.

.

.

.