Chapter 55

Hours had turned into a day as Jungkook waited for leads of Taehyung's disappearance

The situation made the mafia boss remember about the time when the other was kidnapped. The only difference was that he was sure then that he'd find his wife. This time... he doesn't know anything and Jungkook had never been this frustrated before.

There was nothing that could go wrong in his world, he always had everything under control then why is it that he doesn't have the same now?

He was in deep thought in his office when a distant voice broke his trance.

" Boss," Yoongi's voice broke the silence as he entered the room. " We found something... strange."

Jungkook looked up, his eyes sharp." What is it?"

Yoongi switched on the screen, his expression serious," There are no records of your wife before a few months. No birth certificate, no family, nothing."

This made the mafia boss furrow his eyebrows. What did he mean by no records?

" How is that possible?" He muttered, more to himself than to Yoongi.

" I don't know," Yoongi replied," But it’s highly suspicious. Someone went to great lengths to erase his past or he... appeared out of nowhere."

Jungkook's mind raced. The lack of a past, the strange disappearance – nothing made sense. He needed answers, and he knew where to start.

" Bring Jin to the interrogation room," Jungkook ordered, his voice cold.

.

.

.

Jin sat chained to the chair in the dimly lit basement as the door creaked open. Jungkook stepped in, his presence sending shivers down his spine as he was met with Jungkook's icy gaze.

" Jin," Jungkook began, his voice dangerously low," What do you know about Taehyung?"

Jin furrowed his eyebrows in confusion at the sudden question, but he kept his lips sealed. Why was he suddenly asking about Taehyung? Does he... know something?

Jungkook, whose patience was already running thin, slammed his first into the table, the sound echoing through the room.

" Answer me,"

The other flinched but kept his mouth shut.

" Taehyung disappeared," Jungkook whispered lowly, his voice shaking with a mix of anger and desperation." He vanished into thin air, right in front of me. What do you know about this?"

Jin's eyes widened in shock, a flicker of sadness suddenly visible in them.

" You know something," Jungkook pressed, leaning closer." Tell me, what is it that you are hiding? What do you know about this?"