Chapter 50

Jungkook anxiously waited outside the emergency room, his mind consumed by a mix of fury and concern

Jungkook anxiously waited outside the emergency room, his mind consumed by a mix of fury and concern. He kept his fists clenched, waiting for the news of Taehyung's condition.

A few of his men were standing behind him, while the other few were positioned at different places in the hospital. This entire floor belonged to him so it was easier to secure Taehyung's safety

Finally, the doctor emerged, and Jungkook's eyes locked onto him with intensity as if he didn't want any negative news from him.

" How is he? How is my wife?" Jungkook's voice was urgent, his eyes studying the doctor's face for any signs of hope or despair.

The doctor nodded reassuringly. " He is physically fine, Mr. Jeon. We have detected no sign of injuries. However, it appears that he had a severe psychological reaction which might be caused due to some fears or trauma,"

Jungkook's jaw clenched at the mention of fear." He is scared of darkness. He told me once that he was nyctophobic..." He whispered out but then he looked at the doctor," Is he going to be alright?"

" We'll need to conduct mental evaluation once he regains consciousness, Mr. Jeon. We'll now shift him to the VIP room. You can see him there,"

Jungkook nodded and the doctor retreated back to the room. Jungkook sank on the nearby chair, his mind consumed by everything that had happened.

He couldn't shake the image of his wife restrained and unconscious and so vulnerable with tear stains on his cheeks.

" Boss, We've got them in our hold," Namjoon's voice interrupted his train of thoughts.

" Good," He replied, his mind already planning vengeance. But right now, he was absolutely not going to leave Taehyung's side. Not until he opens his eyes, not until he talks to him.

" I won't leave his side right now, Namjoon," There is a pause before he speaks again," But you can take care about that matter till I arrive there, can't you?"

" Ofcourse boss,"

.

.

.

.

.

As Taehyung slowly fluttered his eyes open, he found himself met with the intense gaze of Jungkook, who was hovering over him like a protective puppy.

" Wife you're awake!" Jungkook exclaimed, relief flooding his features as he reached out to grasp Taehyung's hand. But his relief was short lived as a wave of panic washed over him. He suddenly realized he had no idea what to do next.

Jungkook bolted out of the room, finding one his men stationed just outside the room.

" My wife has waken up! Find that doctor!"

The henchmen, who was the next one to panic after Jungkook, frantically dashed and told this to other one of his subordinates, and then the whole hospital floor had Jungkook's men panicking and trying to find the doctor.