Chapter 38

Taehyung's hands trembled as he gently held Jin, unsure of how to help

Taehyung's hands trembled as he gently held Jin, unsure of how to help. The desperate plea in Jin's voice echoed in the dimly lit room.

" I'm... I'm fading away Taehyung... I don't know why or how..." Jin whimpered, his grip on Taehyung tightening.

Taehyung, although feeling helpless, whispered words of reassurance. He was blaming himself for this. He was the reason why Jin's existence was blurring. Why did he have to take his place?

" We'll figure this out, Jin. I promise. You're not alone."

Suddenly, in the midst of fear and confusion, Jin's lips met Taehyung's in an unexpected kiss. It was as if Jin found comfort in feeling someone's warmth.

Taehyung could see his body come back to life but before he could react, he heard Jungkook's deep voice, " How. dare. you?"

Jungkook who had just opened the door as Taehyung had not returned back, couldn't believe that Jin had just kissed his wife in front of him.

His eyes, once warm and loving, were now filled with a dark intensity that sent shivers down Taehyung's spine.

"J-Jungkook..." Taehyung stammered, trying to find words to explain, but Jungkook's murderous intent was palpable.

Without a word, Jungkook stormed forward, grabbing Taehyung by the arm. The gun in his hand seemed to come out of nowhere. The atmosphere turned icy as Jungkook pointed the weapon at Jin, who stared at Jungkook without any fear.

"Jungkook, no! Don't!" Taehyung pleaded, panic evident in his eyes. He tried to move away, but Jungkook's grip on him was strong, too strong for him to stop him.

Ignoring Taehyung's pleas, Jungkook's finger tightened on the trigger. A single gunshot echoed through the apartment, leaving Jin's agonized cry fill the room as he clutched his injured leg.

Taehyung could only stare in shock.

" JIN!" His loud scream echoed through the room as he saw Jin's blood spreading in his bedsheets.

" GET AWAY!" He pushed Jungkook as hard as he could, even though he knew his strength was nothing in front of him. But unexpectedly, Jungkook's grip was just loose enough for him to get out of it and run towards Jin with panic and nausea.

" J-Jin... I'll take you to the hospital alright..." He stumbled over his words, not being able to think anything straight at the moment.

He gave a quick call to the hospital, waiting for ambulance to arrive which did quite quickly, thanks to the seperate high speed glass lane made for it.

As he dragged himself out of the house to go to the hospital himself, Jungkook's voice stopped him.

" Wife—"

" Don't. Just... don't. Let's not see each other for a few days," He whispered but Jungkook was not going to take it.

" That is not possible,"