Chapter 48

Taehyung never imagined getting kidnapped from his own apartment one fine day

Taehyung never imagined getting kidnapped from his own apartment one fine day. He was sitting on the couch, eating, as he watched something when the sound of the door crashing startled him.

The doors were nearly impossible to open here in the future until some high level hacker hacked it open. His heart raced as he saw some figures storming into the living room, their presence sending a chill down his spine.

" Who are you? What do you want?" Taehyung demanded, his voice trembling with fear as he backed away, trying to think of something which could get him away at the moment.

But he got no answers. Only a weird device used on his neck and his eyes had blurred out, his surroundings darkening right after.

No, actually Taehyung did expect getting kidnapped one day knowing the fact that a mafia boss was his boyfriend. He had expected that some or the other rival would use him to get something out of Jungkook.

When his senses returned, he found himself restrained on a cold floor, he took in his his surroundings. The room was dimly lit, with concrete walls and literally no furnishing. Just as anyone would imagine a basement.

He could hear muffled voices in a distance indicating that he was not alone in this place. He tried to assess the situation he was in. He needed to find a way out, but how would he do that when there was only one door which probably leaded outside where the muffled voices were coming from?

Every second felt like hour for him when finally the sound of footsteps approaching the room he was in alerted him.

The door creaked open, and a figure entered the room. Taehyung's heart pounded in his chest, not being ready for whatever there was to come next.

But he decided to take a glance, his heart immediately sinking in recognition.

Taehyung had expected to get kidnapped one day but what he did not was a familiar face standing before him looking same from the past yet different at the same time.

" ...Jin?" A confused whisper left his mouth as he stared at Jin, his mind thinking about a lot of possibilities.

" Why... are you here? Please don't tell me you are behind this... No, how could you be?"

Jin's expression remained unreadable as he stepped further into the room, his gaze fixed on Taehyung.

" I'm not here to harm you, Tae," Jin finally spoke, his voice calm yet Taehyung could feel the underlying tension." But yes, I am one of the people behind your kidnapping,"

As Jin gestured the men behind him to leave them alone, Taehyung locked his eyes with him, feeling a wave of disbelief wash over him.

" You... You started tying hands with mafias?" He asked, his voice filled with betrayal.

" Jungkook is a mafia boss too, why does it shock you if I am one as well?" Jin scoffed with disbelief.

" Because you were never meant to be one. And... you're just a mere college student with no elite contacts. It's impossible for you to be a part of mafia alone. I know you'd never do it on your own,"