- ͙۪۪̥˚𝟬𝟭┊❛ 𝗡𝗲𝘄 𝗦𝗰𝗵𝗼𝗼𝗹 ❜┊˚ ͙۪۪̥◌

✧ ─── ・ 。゚✦ *

✧ ─── ・ 。゚✦ *.✧.* :✦. ─── ✧

"Miles! It's time for school!"

The marker scribbled across a home-made street art name-tags placed on top a desk. Music blasted through Miles's headphones, blocking out the noise of his parent's voices calling out his name. It was his first day at that fancy new private school and he didn't even start packing yet.

In fact, he's been avoiding it.

Since he was going to a new school, this sucked for his best friend, ( Y/N ) Chase. Let's just say she didn't have the 'friend making skill' ( as she calls it ) that Miles had.

School was just one of the many places where she feels she doesn't fit in, including home. The only one who got her wacky nerd antics and Percy Jackson obsessing was Miles.

Ever since Susan Parker-Chase, ( Y/N )'s mom, and Miles's mom introduced them to each other when they were only six years old, the two were almost inseparable.

Just as he was about to hit the high note, a voice that was sure to get him to listen echoed through his ears. "Miles!"

Miles whipped off his headphones and his eyes drifted towards his bedroom door. "Yeah."

"Are you finished packing for school?" His dad, Jefferson Davis questioned.

Miles craned his neck, wincing at the empty bag in front of him. "Yeah..."

He swung his notebook shut and threw a pile of clothes into his suitcase. Then he slid off his chair and cramped a pile of books into his bag, catching one before it could fall out.

Once he got on his blue uniform, he threw his bag over his stomach and went out the bedroom door.

"Where's my laptop?"

"You want a free ride, we gotta go now," Jefferson announced.

"No, dad. No-No, I'll walk," Miles replied in a stutter. "( Y/N ) and I are meeting up at our old spot."

"Aww!" They could hear Rio exclaimed from the kitchen.

Jefferson shrugged. "Personal chauffeur going once-"

"It's okay!"

Just as he got into the kitchen, he accidentally bumped into his mother, Rio Morales, who nearly spilt her drink. She frowned at him and went to put the phone back on the hanger.

"Miles, we gotta go!" Rio exclaimed.

"In a minute!"

"Got to go!"

Jefferson placed the laptop into Miles's bag just as he was about to take his last bite.

✧ ─── ・ 。゚✦ *.✧.* :✦. ─── ✧

Once he said goodbye to his mom, he placed on his headphones and headed down the sidewalk. Eventually, ( Y/N ) met up with him, greeting him with a fist-bump. He quickly took notice in the fact that she didn't have her bag with her, just her and her phone.

Miles smirked. "What happened this time?"

"Book report gone wrong," ( Y/N ) winced.

"Oh, and I missed it!" Miles exclaimed in a sarcastic tone, getting a nudge in the arm from ( Y/N ).

A kid from Brooklyn Middle walked past them with a bright smile, throwing his arms up a little. "Yo, look who's back."

"Hey, I'm just walking by," Miles shrugged.

While walking down the sidewalk, a few people passed some greetings. In a place like New York, it's easy to feel a little out of place, but when it's in ( Y/N )'s case, her 'eccentricities' resulted her into feeling like she doesn't fit in at home or school. But, hey, it can't be any worse than having to go to Visions.

"Yo, Miles, ( Y/N )," and, of course, she did know a few people who were nice, but wouldn't call them friends. "Feel that earthquake last night?"

Miles tossed the ball back at him before sliding a handshake to some other kid. "What you talking 'bout? I slept like a baby last night."

"Yeah! All his snoring drowned it out!" ( Y/N ) called out.

Miles nudged her arm and they shared a laugh, now passing by a fence blocking basketball court behind Brooklyn Middle. A pink haired girl stood behind the fence, a smile appearing on her featured as she spotted the two.

"How's that new school?" She asked.

"So easy," Miles replied.

"We miss you, Miles," she flashed one last smile as the duo headed forward.

"You miss me? I still live here," Miles chuckled, but freezing in his spot with a smirk, thinking he realized what she meant. "She missed me?"

✧ ─── ・ 。゚✦ *.✧.* :✦. ─── ✧

Miles leaped up to a street light, slapping a sticker up on one of the signs. ( Y/N ) tried a few herself, but stopped wanting to see what happened after. Miles's dad always catches him one way or another. When he noticed ( Y/N ) wasn't following him anymore, he stopped on his tracks and turned.

Miles frowned, pointing behind him. "Hey, we still got a few blocks."

"You go ahead," ( Y/N ) replied. "I wanna see what happens."

"I don't always get caught!" Miles exclaimed.

The thing is; he does. Whenever he thinks he found a spot where his dad will never find ghost 'stickers', Jefferson always manages to find them somehow, and always assumes it's his.

( Y/N ) shrugged. "Whatever you say."

Miles flashed one last smile, placing his headphones back on and went back to running, slapping stickers on the last thing he saw. ( Y/N ) glanced down at his untied shoes and a smirk appeared on her features. He forgot his shoes. ( Y/N ) thought to herself.

Just as Miles was about to hit the last sign, his right foot landed on one of his untied laces and he ended up tripping in the middle of the street, his bags falling behind him. In front of him, was his dad's police car, flashing a light and blaring the siren.