- ͙۪۪̥˚ 𝟭𝟴┊❛ 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗗𝗶𝗻𝗻𝗲𝗿 𝗛𝗲𝗶𝘀𝘁 ❜┊˚ ͙۪۪̥◌

✧ ─── ・ 。゚✦ *

✧ ─── ・ 。゚✦ *.✧.* :✦. ─── ✧

One thing that has been on ( Y/N )'s mind is her mom. The feeling of guilt has been washing over her like a wave, leaving her to help Miles and the others fight Kingpin without telling her anything. She was just hoping May came up with a good excuse.

After a bus ride, ( Y/N ) attached herself to Peter once again and they headed to the glass roof of the penthouse. The group first hid on top of a construction site, so Peni could scan the building for the entrance to the collider. Down below it was like the red carpet at the Oscars.

There was a limo outside the penthouse with reporters flashing a few pictures as the people walked in. The few including Mj and ( Y/N )'s mom, Susan.

Now that they got a better view of the inside, their eyes widened at the Spider-Man banners hung around the room, one of the largest behind held behind Kingpin as he stood behind a podium.

"You gotta be kidding me," they all gasped.

They were able to hear Kingpin perfectly and it made ( Y/N ) sick to her stomach. "Thank you. It's nice to be with you this evening to celebrate Spider-Man. Him and I were very close."

"Yeah. Close to the collider you put him in!" ( Y/N ) exclaimed, being held back by Spider-Noir as she tried to crawl out of him.

"What a pig," Gwen muttered.

Peter Porker turned to her, a bit offended. "I'm right here."

"Hold on. Get a load of how the waiters are dressed," Spider-Noir pointed out.

Squinting their eyes, they saw that most of the waiters had Spider-Man masks over the faces for the theme with a tie and suit. How convenient.

"It's in poor taste, but... can't be that easy..."

✧ ─── ・ 。゚✦ *.✧.* :✦. ─── ✧

"It was that easy,"

To their surprise, no one noticed the different suits, assuming it was just cosplay. Peni was under the table and inside the robot while ( Y/N ) had to hang onto the back of the robot since she couldn't fit inside or had a disguise of her own.

And if she could describe this experience in one word, it would be; uncomfortable.

"I just wanna thing Mj and Susan Parker for being here this evening,"

With those words, Peter's eyes drifted away from the table they were carrying and over to the table where Mj and Susan were sitting. His sister and his ex-wife in the same room, that hit. All this time he just wanted to say the things to his sister he couldn't say before, I'm sorry.

"Susan?" Peter muttered.

He watched as Susan flashed a light smile at Mj before getting up from the table. The view was blocked by Gwen, waving a hand on front of him, signaling him to focus on the mission and pushing him back in the direction they were headed.

"Pay attention," Gwen whispered. "It's not your Susan, Peter, okay?"

But he couldn't listen. He tried turning the table but it was blocked by Gwen. "Peter! Come here. Trust me. I've been there. You gotta move on, buddy."

"It will take one second," as he tried to move away, a woman in red hair was standing in front of him. "Let me just... oh!"

"Hello."

"Oh, wow."

"Um... I was just wondering if we could have some more bread at table 12," Mj informed him.

"Yeah," Peter nodded stiffly as Gwen deadpanned at the sight of it. "I'm just, uh... I'm really sorry."

"Oh! Heh. Don't be sorry," Mj chuckled. "It's just bread."

"I wasn't there for you when you need me," Peter continued.

Mj frowned in confusion. "Mm-Hm."

"I didn't even try,"

"That's fine. You know, I should really get going. Susan's got the drinks-"

"-I know I could do better if just had another chance to give you, uh..."

( Y/N ) perked her head up from under the table sheet. "This is just sad."

"The bread... that you deserve," Peter sighed.

"Are you okay?"

"Ma'am, we'll take care of that bread right now," Gwen added as she stood besides him for support.

"Well, it's been nice, uh, talking to you,"

And with that, Mj quickly made her way back to her table. Trying to get one last word in that he wanted to, he glanced over at Susan. "I'm sorry-!"

Gwen pushed him back as he sighed in defeat. From below, ( Y/N ) could feel the ground shaking, remembering this feeling all too well. It was the collider getting ready to turn on.

✧ ─── ・ 。゚✦ *.✧.* :✦. ─── ✧

After taking out two of the guard, they all jumped down to the elevator as it was heading down to the collider. Red lights turned on and the count down began. They all ran and jumped up a few pieces of metal before reaching a viewing area of the collider just in time to see it connect.

It was flashing in purple, yellow and orange lights. The glitching was about to begin and ( Y/N ) could feel it. They all watched as Peter started glitching again, nearly collapsing to the floor.

"Peter, you don't have to stay behind," Gwen stated. "I can do it.

"It's okay. I made up my mind,"

Peter glanced at ( Y/N ), who nodded, stepping back. He then shot a web at the ceiling with the others trailing behind him. Once they were up at the top, ( Y/N ) watched as they crawled towards the controls.

"I'll put the goober in and take over the beam," Peter instructed. "After you're gone, I'll blow it up. Good luck, guys."

From below, ( Y/N ) could hear footsteps heading towards her. She turned around and spotted a group of scientists surrounding her while others where aiming their weapons upward at the spider-people.

Back up on the ceiling, Peter's spider-senses caused his eyes to widen, alarming him something was coming. He glanced down at their old hiding spot and saw ( Y/N ) surrounded, but before he could react, he had to turn around, greeted by green tentacles that threw took hold of his neck and trapped him on the ceiling, revealing Doc Ock.

"Nice to see you again, Peter."