- ͙۪۪̥˚𝟬𝟴┊❛ 𝗧𝗿𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗼 𝗟𝗲𝗮𝗿𝗻 𝗛𝗼𝘄 ❜┊˚ ͙۪۪̥◌

✧ ─── ・ 。゚✦ *

✧ ─── ・ 。゚✦ *.✧.* :✦. ─── ✧

If she thought trying to survive an explosion and running from the Prowler was hard, ( Y/N ) was way off. Now she had to handle telling Aunt May and Susan. Susan's reaction was gonna hurt the most, so ( Y/N ) decided to wait out on the telling them idea.

After her and Miles managed to escape the Prowler's reach, the duo made a plan to meet up sometime to finish what Peter started. ( Y/N ) used the fire escape ladder, climbing up until she found her bedroom window.

She opened it up, falling through and knocking down a few books. ( Y/N ) winced, praying the nobody hears her. Once she got up, she could hear someone coming to the door. ( Y/N ) hid behind a shelf, a shadow coming from the light outside. It was Susan.

Oh, crap.. ( Y/N ) thought to herself.

"Hey, I'm friends with a cop!" Susan yelled, but cooled off seeing ( Y/N ) slowly get up from the floor.

Susan frowned in confusion. "( Y/N )? What the-"

Without thinking, ( Y/N ) ran into her mom's arms, embracing her in a tight hug. They were later joined by May, who seemed to get a clue.

"Whoa. It's okay," Susan wrapped her arms around ( Y/N ).

"( Y/N )? What's the matter?" May questioned.

She pulled out of the hug, her head still faced down, eyes up at her aunt. "Was it the earthquake?"

( Y/N )'s eyes drifted towards her mom. "Can I sleep in your room tonight?"

Susan looked at her in surprise. "You haven't done that since you were five-"

"Susan. She's upset," May defended.

Susan sighed. "All right."

Once ( Y/N ) got to Susan's room, she immediately flipped down on her bed. With the door left opened three inches, she could hear the tv blaring a news report. Oh, no.

"We interrupt this broadcast for a special report," the reporter began from the tv. "Sad news tonight, the hero known as Spider-Man has died after injuries related to another powerful earthquake."

( Y/N ) gasped, getting up from Susan's bed to, seeing May and Susan's faced darken and become more serious. By this moment, Susan's eyes were red from fighting back tears. "Law enforcements confirmed that Peter Parker, the twenty six year old grad had the part-time job operating as Spider-Man."

"He was survived by his wife Mary Jane, his sister Susan Parker, his aunt and his niece ( Y/N ) Parker," a male reporter spoke. "Our hero Spider-Man is gone."

( Y/N ) wanted to run up and hug her mom and aunt, but she was frozen. The tv showed side by side images of Peter and Spider-Man. They all missed Spider-Man, but ( Y/N ) only missed her Uncle.

✧ ─── ・ 。゚✦ *.✧.* :✦. ─── ✧

"My husband, Peter Parker, was an ordinary person," Mary Jane spoke into the mic. The crowd was full of red and blue, everyone dressed in Spider-Man masks or just the colors. "He always said it could've been anyone behind the mask. He was just the kid who happened to get picked."

Now back at school, it got awkward. There wasn't one kid who didn't walk by and say 'sorry' or give a nod. Even Mr. Wilson flashed an apologetic smile every now and then.

( Y/N ) sat behind Mj in front of the church with Susan and Aunt May. She had a black jacket and a black shirt. In the crowd with his Spider-Man costume, Miles looked up, his eyes landing on ( Y/N ) with a frown. "He didn't ask for his powers, he chose to be Spider-Man."

"My favorite thing about Peter is that he made us each feel powerful," Mary Jane continued. "We all have powers of one kind of another. But in our own way, we are all Spider-Man and we are all counting on you."

"They're counting on me," Miles muttered, loud enough for a pedestrian in a paper Spider-Man mask to hear.

The man leaned over to him and whispered, "Probably not you specifically. I think it's a metaphor."

✧ ─── ・ 。゚✦ *.✧.* :✦. ─── ✧

After the funeral, Miles and ( Y/N ) met up in an alley. Miles got a bunch of Spider-Man comics from his dorm room, seeing how Peter became Spider-Man. On one of the pages, something caught their eyes; Peter leaping off one of the late apartment complex buildings. The duo ran up the stairs and all the way to the roof. Miles walked up to the edge, staring below at the ground.

"You got this," ( Y/N ) threw two thumbs up in encouragement.

They ended up having to go down the stairs and found a smaller version of the building before. Still with his Spider-Man costume. This time he stood in front of the entrance, getting ready for a running start.

( Y/N ) stood besides him, shrugging with a light smile. "You got this..?"

"Thanks..." Miles trailed off before turning back at the edge.

He put one foot forward and took off. ( Y/N ) winced once she saw his shoes were untied again. She tried to call out his name, but before she could, he had already tripped over that one shoelace and begun falling off the building.

"Ah!"

( Y/N ) ran up to the edge, looking down. "Miles!"

He bounces off a flag, then to some wires then face first to a brick wall and finally landing on the ground after bouncing off a taxi, causing the key to break from the fall. ( Y/N ) ran back down, wincing at the sight of the broken key.

"Oh.."