Killua's Birthday

~~Chapter Fifty-Four~~

It was an early morning, most of the house was already up and going. Meanwhile, Killua was still fast asleep in bed, completely buried under the blankets as he avoided the sunlight peeking through the curtains. Leorio, Kurapika, Gon, Alluka, and Kalluto were getting things ready for Killua's birthday party.

The house was a little messy, however Leorio tidied it up a bit more before banners and streamers started getting hung up while balloons got aired up. Gon and Alluka seemed to be balls of bouncing energy while the other three were barely half-awake. However the five still did their best to make this party perfect.

Kurapika thought it would be best if he assigned the roles to everyone; Gon and Alluka on decorating, Leorio and Kalluto on cleaning, and himself on cooking. It was a pretty smooth system, and it made things get done much faster than planned.

Gon would tell everyone to quiet down a bit every once and a while, wanting to make sure Killua got plenty of sleep and such. He wanted to make sure Killua had the best birthday ever, just like he tried doing on all Killua's birthdays. He had been doing so ever since they reunited. The guilt Gon felt from his selfish past actions made Gon try his hardest to make Killua happy as much as possible, not wanting to ruin things between them and causing them to separate again.

Soon Leorio and Kalluto had finished up with the cleaning while Gon and Alluka put up the last of the decorations. Once all that was done, they all settled down a bit.

So the five were talking quietly in the kitchen as Kurapika cooked, --Kalluto being mostly quiet-- trying to pass time without getting lost in their schedule.

~~Mini Skip~~

After about an hour and half later, Kurapika had finished preparing all the food. "Right on schedule, good," Kurapika mumbled to himself as he set up a display of food on the kitchen table.

Leorio approached Kurapika from behind with a smile, wrapping his arms around the male's frame before laying a soft kiss on his cheek. "The food looks amazing sunshine," he said with a smile while nuzzling against Kurapika's neck. Kurapika smiled softly, turning his head back a bit to return a kiss.

"Gon, could you wake Killua up?" Kurapika asked after kissing Leorio one last time before returning to finish with setting the table. Gon nodded, happily bouncing off the couch and skipping toward the room. He entered the room, closing the door behind him before walking to the bed. "Happy birthday Killua, it's time to wake up~!" Gon said with a soft and happy tone. Killua groaned softly, rubbing his eyes as he slowly sat up. "Morning," he said softly while smiling at Gon.

Gon smiled back, kissing Killua's forehead softly as he sat next to Killua. "C'mon, time to get out of bed," Gon hummed as he dramatically fell on top of Killua. Killua chuckled, practically pushing Gon to the floor. "Well, I can't get up if you're on me," he said with a soft laugh. Gon laughed a bit as well before standing up, grabbing Killua's arm and pulling him out of bed.

The two soon exit the room, entering the brightly lit living room which was completely decorated with birthday banners and such. "Happy birthday, Killua!" Everyone exclaimed happily. Killua smiled, though felt a bit awkward considering he had just woken up and looked like a mess.

"Haha, thank you guys. But before this party officially starts, I'm going to shower-" Killua mumbled with a laugh. The others nodded. "Alright, don't take too long. I want everyone to eat while the food is still warm," Kurapika replied. Killua nodded, heading back into his room to gather clothes before going to the bathroom.

Killua made sure not to take too long with the shower, and once he was out and completely bedazzled the party began.

Before anything intense started, the family began digging into the food Kurapika had made, chatting cheerfully as they ate.