Date Night

~Chapter Thirty-Five~

Everyone was up and about getting ready to leave for their dates. Killua and Gon were already about to head out the door as the other two still had a few hours until their plans. "Have fun you guys!" Leorio shouted. "The same rules apply as your guy's last date!! And no alcohol either!" Kurapika added before the two left, Killua playfully rolled his eyes.

They walked over to the park where they met up, the group greeting each other before they started their long walk to the arcade. Luckily they all enjoyed walking, so it wasn't much of an issue.

"Did anyone get any luck getting a part time job?" Carlos asked as he placed his arm around Kayden's shoulder. Killua groaned. "I completely forgot about that! Crap, it's been a few months, I should really get one.." he mumbled in reply. Gon nodded. "Yeah, same here," he said, rubbing Killua's hand reassuringly.

Carlos chuckled a bit. "Well I never got one, though Kayden managed to find a pretty good pay! What was it again?" He asked while shifting his glance to his boyfriend, practically buried in his hoodie. "Oh uh, I think it's called 'deli meats'? I don't exactly know. I just unload the boxes and stuff," Kayden mumbled. Everyone nodded as they continued their conversation.

~Pov Skip~

Leorio put all the gifts and food and the ring into a bag, making sure Kurapika didn't see a single thing. The two got dressed and got into the car, Leorio driving off to the 'secret' location. Though he knew Kurapika would recognize it the moment they were near the ship.

But the first stop would be the cafe, it was still a bit early so he needed some coffee. The two entered the building, Leorio opening the door for Kurapika. Surprisingly there were only two people in line. They waited in the short line until it was their turn to order, Kurapika examining the menu to see if the pumpkin spice latte was still getting sold.

They were finally next and both stated their order, one black coffee and one pumpkin spice latte. Kurapika wanted to make sure he got it a few more times before it was out of season and winter drinks started getting served.

They get back in the car and start driving off once again, the semi long drive to the boat. Leorio could feel the butterflies completely take him over at the image of proposing to the blonde. It was happening today, in the next hour or two. Leorio stopped his thoughts for a moment to put his attention back on the road, not wanting to seem unusual. He didn't want Kurapika to assume he wasn't feeling well if he kept zoning out. This date was supposed to be perfect.

~Pov Switch~

The group arrives at the arcade, entering the loud building. They bought a few tokens at the counter and started playing some of the games mainly just talking and not paying attention to much of the scores.

"It's nice hanging around outside of school," Killua mentioned. "Yeah. We should do this more often, double dates are more fun than I thought," Kayden added, the others nodding in agreement.

They went up to multiple games and after about an hour of goofing off and breaking a few arcade rules the group decided to head off to the pizza place next door. Any longer in the arcade and they'd definitely end up doing dumb teenage shit and fuck something up.

The worker up front showed the four a table and placed a little number sign on it. Everyone then took a seat, small chatter about some random things.