« Phantom Traveler » - Part 2/2

They succeeded to escape the real Homeland Security agents, and went back to the motel. They all entered the boys room where Alina lay down on Dean's bed, exhausted by the last events, and the brothers staring at her from afar.

She'd known from the moment she recognized the sulfur in the warehouse, that she would have to tell them everything. And although she hated that, she hated even more breaking a promise. So she started where it seemed easier to start. "The powder on the handle was sulfur." She informed them, still on the bed with her eyes closed. "It's one of the many signs of demonic possession. Another one being the black eyes our witness saw."

"Demonic possession?" Sam repeated as he thought about the clues they'd gathered.

"That would explain how a mortal man would have the strength to open up an emergency hatch."

"If the guy was possessed, it's possible."

Alina listened to the boys discussion, savoring this short moment when they were to busy putting together every pieces of the puzzle to interrogate her.

"This goes way beyond floating over a bed or barfing pea soup. I mean it's one thing to possess a person, but to use them to take down an entire airplane?"

"You ever heard of something like this before?"

"Never."

"I have." Alina announced in a calm voice, bringing the attention back to her. "Certain demons are behind certain disasters, both natural and man-made. One causes earthquakes, another causes disease...these nut-jobs claim they're helping natural selection, but really, they just wanna cause as much destruction and sorrow as they can."

The young woman found it easier to keep her eyes closed while saying those things. She didn't have to face her friends, she didn't have to see whatever look was on their faces at the moment. "How do you know all that Alina?"

Sam's question forced her to open her eyes. He sounded concerned, and looked confused. Of course, she'd been in contact with him almost every week for five years, yet she'd never told him about demons. And now was the time. "Well, it started when I found out three years ago that my dad was an expert at hunting demons. He knew everything about them, had exorcised many of them, and after he died there was no one left to do what he could do best. So I studied the subject, and sent some demons back home. That's how I met Chris." Alina felt like her throat was being stabbed by millions of tiny needles at the same time. It was so painful to even mention his name, but she couldn't stop now. Especially because Dean didn't have all the informations Sam already had. "He was a hunter too, and he helped me a lot in my researches. For a few weeks it was just him and I hunting demons, until on day his sister decided to pay him a visit. That's how I met Charlie."

Dean was doing his best to not interrupt her, but he had so many questions. About Charlie, about the demons...
He just had to be patient, and that was hard for him.

"You know the next part. We fell in love, moved in together right next to Chris because we thought it would be fun to mess with him...I even got her a job at the same bar I was working at. And of course, it wasn't just demons, we also did a lot of basic hunting like Spirits, Skinwalkers, Wendigos...but for six months, we were like the perfect inseparable team. The thing is, when you keep sending those sons of bitches back to hell, you quickly become a walking target for their brothers and sisters that are still on Earth. And..."

The young woman sighed and looked away for a moment, trying to stop her tears from falling in front of the brothers. She had to bite her tongue really hard, so she could focus on the physical pain, and not the emotional one. Explaining the story from beginning to end, was like reliving the entire nightmare a second time.
She cleared her throat, embarrassed by the many signs of weakness she was showing right now, and resumed. "You know, we all got a anti-possession tattoo on our lower back."