« Faith » - Part 2/3

"So, you really feel okay?

"I feel fine, Sam."

The three hunters were waiting in a check up room of the nearest hospital. Clearly, Dean physically looked way better than the day before, even if he didn't seem happy about the situation. Sam couldn't understand why, but Alina's hands were still shaking every time she thought about that man standing behind Roy. She hadn't talked about it with the brothers, because she wanted to make sure Dean was alright before doing anything else. So she was anxiously waiting in the check up room, sitting in a chair a few inches away from the brothers. She had to resist the urge to bite her nails, or shake her legs nervously, because she didn't want the Winchesters to ask questions before the doctor's return.

Luckily, she didn't have to wait too long since the doctor they'd seen earlier quickly entered the room with the paperwork in her hands.

"Well, according to all your tests there's nothing wrong with your heart. No sign there ever was. Not that a man your age should be having heart trouble, but, still it's strange it does happen."

Alina sighed in relief. Even though she was still concerned about the situation, knowing Dean was completely healed was the most important thing at the moment. His heart was fine. He was fine. She hadn't even realized how much weight was on her shoulders before that announcement.

"What do you mean, strange?" Dean questioned the doctor, unable to share Sam and Alina's relief.

"Well, just yesterday, a young guy like you, twenty-seven, athletic. Out of nowhere, heart attack."

Dean frowned at the news, feeling like his suspicions were being confirmed somehow. He thanked the doctor with a faint smile, but the moment she left the room, he turned back to his brother standing in front of him, with a serious look on his face. "That's odd."

"Maybe it's a coincidence. People's hearts give out all the time, man."

"No, they don't."

"Look, Dean, do we really have to look this one in the mouth? Why can't we just be thankful that the guy saved your life and move on?" Sam was so glad his brother was fine, he couldn't understand why his friend wasn't trying to support him. That was a good thing. Why wouldn't she move from her chair to jump in Dean's arms?

"Because I can't shake this feeling, that's why." Dean replied angrily, putting his jacket back on.

"What feeling?"

Dean was still confused about this, but he knew he was right. "When I was healed, I just...I felt wrong. I felt cold. And for a second...I saw someone. This, uh, this old man."

Alina's whole body froze at her friend's words. He'd seen him too?

"And I'm telling you, Sam, it was a spirit."

The young woman couldn't move from her chair. What was she supposed to do now? She could lie, pretend she hadn't seen anything, hoping Dean would give up and agree to leave without going any further into this. Or she could tell the truth...

"But if there was something there, Dean, I think Alina and I would've seen it, too. I mean, we've been seeing an awful lot of things lately."

Alina bit her tongue, struggling to make the right decision. If something was really wrong here, they couldn't leave without investigating. But it would be so hypocritical of her to do that. Dean was alive and well thanks to that 'Faith Healer' after all...

"Well, excuse me, psychic wonder. But you're just gonna need a little faith on this one. Sam, I've been hunting long enough to trust a feeling like this."