« Skin » - Part 2/2

So Alina went back to the sewers.
More specifically the place where they'd found the Shapeshifter's clothes earlier. Being injured and tired, it took her way longer than the first time to finally get there, but when she did, she heard footsteps coming her way before she was able to go further. She stopped and hid herself behind a wall, waiting for the perfect moment to jump in front of the newcomer and punch him in the face. "What the...Alina?!"

She instantly recognized the voice of the person she had just hit. "Sam?!"

It was him standing in front of her, holding his nose. She was so relieved to see him that she didn't even apologize and wrapped her arms around him. "Sammy I'm so happy to see you."

"Sam?!"

She pulled away from her friend the moment she heard the other familiar voice coming from behind him. She grabbed her dagger and was ready to fight this time, but Sam got between them before Dean could even reach her. "Wait Alina, it's Dean. It's really him."

"How do you know that?"

Dean was still standing behind his brother, but the moment he noticed Alina's state, he pushed Sam away and walked towards the girl, worryingly. "What happened to you?"

Sam also stared at her in horror now that she was properly standing in front of them. She looked exhausted but more importantly, her shirt was ripped open revealing her bra underneath it, and the ugly wound on her stomach that was still bleeding. "Alina are you okay?"

"No I'm not!" She snapped, still aiming her dagger at Dean. She wanted him to be the real one, but she still had to doubt it. "I've had better days! Now touch that freaking blade!"

"Why?" Sam asked confused.

"It's silver." Dean replied for Alina. "If I was a Shapeshifter..." He took his time approaching the girl to avoid scaring her. "I wouldn't be able to touch it."

Alina stayed alert as she let him get closer, and felt her whole body relaxing when Dean took the blade in his hand. She let go of her weapon, allowing him to take it completely from her hand, took two steps closer and let her head fall against his chest. She let out a deep sigh. "I'm sorry. He left with the car, I couldn't stop him."

Dean was completely stunned by what it was seeing and hearing. He didn't know what had happened to her, but obviously she'd gone through a lot. And yet, she was more worried about the car. "It's okay Frenchy we'll get it back." He grabbed her shoulders and slightly pushed her away from him to examine her. But the tears he saw falling down her cheeks, made him want to violently kill whoever was responsible for that. "Alina what happened...what..." The sight of her ripped shirt made him feel uneasy. "Did that son of a bitch touch you? What did he do? I'm gonna make him suffer for that!"

"No..." Alina shook her head, trying to smile with her tears still falling. "I'm fine. I just...I didn't see it. I should've known it wasn't you..."

"Alina." Sam finally intervened as he took off his jacket and put it on her shoulders. "You're bleeding. You need stitches."

All of sudden, the fire in Alina's eyes reappeared. She'd just realized that the Shapeshifter had let her live, but it didn't mean that no one would die tonight if they didn't do something. "No we need to find him." She gave the jacket back to Sam and took off her shirt. It was already ruined, so she attached it around her stomach, tightly enough to stop the bleeding, then took the jacket back from Sam's hand. She didn't want to walk around wearing only a bra and a bloody shirt. "Let's go."

She turned around, ready to leave and was soon followed by Sam. Dean however, couldn't move as he watched her walking away from him. He wanted to believe that the thing wearing his face wasn't the one who'd hurt Alina like that. Because he didn't know if he'd be able to forgive himself, even thought the Shapeshifter was the one responsible for her suffering.