Chapter 71: Magic (Joseph's PoV)

A few days had passed, and I felt more and more stressful by each day. As at this point, we had basically got every one in to the pyramid. And people were starting to get upset that they were having to be stuck in there.
I could not blame them for that being the case. As it was that I had not a single clue how long it was going to be, at that. For even the red dragons and the legion to show up, much less the black dragons.
I just wanted to get this over with, all at the exact same time too. As I knew that we had done this before for one thing, all at once. And I was in fact ready to do it again, as it was that I spoke to my self quietly.
"I'll just keep on waiting..." I did in fact just seem to say to my self. As it was that I did in fact just seem to lean back on my chair. As it was that I stared down at the empty city that was in fact below me.
I felt a bit of some odd sense like I was at peace. As it was that I was so used to the city, much like most. As it was that it was usually very loud around this point in the day.
As it was that the usual workers were getting off of work. And they were getting ready to go out and do some thing. As it was that it was now dead silent, none the less.
I kind of shivered as it was that I knew that it was the case. As it was that I blinked my eyes a few times, as I stared at the sun dropping on the horizon. As I did in fact once again speak to my self as I did as such.
"This will all work out... Don't worry about that..." I did in fact just seem to tell my self. As though I was not all too sure as to just how it was all going to be the case.
Me simply telling Jangra that we needed their help. All of that did in fact just seem to sound easy. But the simple fact of the matter was, I knew that it was not going to be.
As it was that I was not all too sure as to how they were going to travel. And how we were going to feed every one, all at the exact same time too. As it was that I did in fact just seem to dip my head a bit low to the ground at those thoughts, all at once.
As it was that I seemed to stare down at the ground for some time. In the end, I just then heard the voice of Tyler from right by my side. As I quickly looked at him, and I listened as to just what it was that he had to say.
"You alright there Joseph? You are talking to your self... And you don't look so hot..." He did in fact just seem to say to me, at that. As it was that he had a very serious look on his face just as he had said that.
It was clear to me that my friend was in fact worried about me. As I felt stupid for just the way that it was that I was acting right now. As it was that I did in fact just seem to blink my eyes a few times, at that.
Just as soon as it was that I had in fact done as such a thing like that. That was when it was that I heard the voice of Zoe, all at once. As it was that she then did in fact just seem to step up and speak for what ever reason.
"I am sure that he is just fine Tyler... I think he just needs some space..." She did in fact just seem to say. As it was clear to me that she seemed to be speaking for me, at that. Which I was not all too happy about that being the case.
As it was that I then did in fact just seem to look at Zoe. As it was that I then also seemed to squint my eyes at her, all at once. As she had not seemed to notice, or she just didn't care, what so ever.
I simply let out a little bit of a soft sigh to my self, at that. As it was that I just then did in fact just seem to go right on ahead and speak back to Tyler. As he had his eyes wide, as he listened as to just what I had to say to him, all at once, at that.
"Well... Not really to be honest... I just don't know how they are going to get to us..." I did in fact just seem to say, all at the exact same time too. As it was that I then did in fact just seem to turn my head away from Tyler.
As I saw that his eyes were even wider than they had been before. As it was clear to me that he had not the slightest of clue as to how he should respond back to that. As it was clear to me that he felt the same sort of way that it was that I did.
As it was that I just seemed to stare at the setting sun for some more time. That was when it was that I heard the voice of some one else. As it was that it then did in fact just seem to be the voice of Timothy, at that.
"Well... You should probably find that out very soon... Or else we are completely screwed..." He did in fact just seem to say. As if it was that easy for me to go and figure things out like that.
Maybe it was perhaps, and I just had not reached that kind of power. As I could in fact feel my power growing by each day. As it was that it did in fact kind of scare me quite a bit, none the less.
I never wanted any of this sort of stuff what so ever. As I was worried as to who it would turn me in to if I had some thing like this. And I could already feel like I could control the world just about.
I shivered at the thought of that all of the sudden. As it was that I just seemed to shake my head a bit. As I got my mind off of all of that, as I then did in fact just seem to go and speak back to Timothy in response.
"It isn't as easy as that Timothy... As much as I wish it were..." I did in fact just seem to say, all at the exact same time as well. As it was that I just kept my eyes on just what it was that was in front of me.
As it was that I seemed to stare for just a little bit longer. As it was that every one just seemed to stay dead silent. As it was clear to me that no one seemed to know as to just what it was that they should say.
That was when it was that I heard foot steps from close by. As it was that it then did in fact just seem to get my eyes off of the sky. As I then did in fact begin to turn my head on over to just what it was that was going on.
As it was that I did in fact just seem to see that it was Tom. As he was walking right on over to us as well. As he then did in fact just seem to go and speak to us, at that.
"Alright... We are going to go here in a little bit... And we are going to teach the Egyptians how to kill dragons... They are good with bows, so hopefully this should come natural..." He did in fact just seem to say.
As it was that he had his eyes squinted at us, at that. As it was clear that he was in fact being dead serious with just what he had said. As it was that I kind of did in fact just seem to blink my eyes a few times, at first.
I was just about to get my self up from off of my chair, all at once. Until I then did in fact just seem to hear the voice of Timothy. As it was that he then did in fact just seem to go and speak up once again.
"How the hell is that going to work? We can't speak to them? What the hell are we going to be able to teach them?" He did in fact just seem to say, all at the exact same time as well.
As though it seemed like Timothy liked to complain a lot. And he seemed to like to make excuses to get out of things most of the time. I felt like he had a very fair point on just what it was that he had said.
As it was that I then did in fact just seem to lean back in my chair. As it was that I felt like for what ever reason or another. That I could relax for just a little bit longer.
How ever, it seemed like Tom was not having any of that what so ever. As it was that he then did in fact just seem to speak back to Timothy. As it was that he then did in fact seem to be a bit upset as he did as such.
"Yeah smart ass... It's not what you are going to say to them... It is what you are going to show them... I can do the talking for you... That is my job here..." He did in fact just seem to say, all at the exact same time too.
Just as soon as it was that he had in fact said what he had said. That was when it was that I heard foot steps from the other side of me. As it was that I turned my head on over to see that it was in fact Zoe.
As it was that she did in fact seem to be going on ahead and walking right on over to Tom. As she then nodded back to him all of the sudden. As it was that she also then began to start to speak back to him as well.
"Alright... I'm ready... Let's get this shit started then..." She did in fact just seem to say, all at once. As it was that she had a big smile on her face, as if she was in fact excited.
Though it seemed like she was excited for just about every thing. As it was that I did in fact just seem to roll my eyes a bit, all at once. As it was that I let out a rough sigh as well, as I finally got up from off of the chair.
I joined up with the others, all at the exact same time too. As it was that just as it was that I had in fact done as such a thing like that. That was when it was that I also then began to start to speak up my self.
"Yeah... Let's go on ahead and go... It can't be too long, there's not much day light left..." I did in fact just seem to say, all at once. As it was that I did in fact try to pretend to have a smile, such as Zoe did.
I didn't do a very good job such as it was that she had how ever. As I kind of did in fact just seem to cringe as I did as such a thing like that. As it was that luckily no one seemed to think on it all too much.
As it was that I then did in fact just seem to let out a soft sigh of some relief to my self. As I then also began to start to go right on ahead. And I began to go and hear Tom speak back to us, all of the sudden.
"Well... We still had a little bit of some time... But if you guys are all ready, then let's go..." He did in fact just seem to say, all at once. As it was that he did in fact have a fairy serious look on his face just as he had said that.
As it was that I did in fact just seem to stare at him for some more time. In the end, I also then did in fact just seem to nod back to him. As I was not all too sure if he had noticed me do as such a thing like that.
Either way, it really did in fact not seem to matter all too much. As it was that I then did in fact just seem to see him turn his head around. And he then did in fact begin to start to walk to where ever he was in fact taking us, never the less.
I did just as the others were in fact doing of course. As it was that we did in fact just seem to walk in sync. As it was that I did in fact just seem to go and speak to my self quietly.
"Hopefully it can get my mind off of every thing else..." I did in fact just seem to tell my self. As it was that I did in fact just seem to feel calm and at peace, at that.
Just as soon as soon as it was that I had in fact felt that kind of way. That was when it was that I then did in fact just seem to close my eyes. As I did in fact just seem to follow in track with the foot steps.
As it was that I had in fact done as such a thing like that. In the end, I then did in fact just seem to let out quite a bit of a rough sigh to my self. As it was that I then did in fact just seem to go and speak to my self quietly once again, at that.
"This is going to work... Just trust in it..." I did in fact just seem to say. As normally when I told my self things like that, none the less. It seemed like it did in fact not work all too well for me what so ever.
But this time, I did in fact feel like I did in fact believe as to just what it was that I had told my self. As I then did in fact just seem to open my eyes. And I then did in fact get my focus on what was in front of us.
As it was that I noticed that no one was in fact seeming to walk any further. As it was that I saw that we all did in fact seem to be stood there. As it was that I did in fact hear the voice of some Egyptian woman, at that.
"Welcome Tom... I see that you are ready to train us..." She did in fact just seem to say to who I would assume was Tom. As that was the only word that I had in fact understood, all at the exact same time too.
As it was that they did in fact just seem to stare at one another for quite a bit of some time. In the end, I then did in fact just seem to start to hear Tom speak back to the woman. As it was that I did in fact listen as to just what it was that he had to say.
"It is good to see you as well Latifa... I am ready... They are ready..." He did in fact just seem to say. As it was that he then did in fact turn his head on over to us.
As it was that he also then did in fact just seem to nod to us. As it was that I did in fact feel like I had to assume. That he was in fact talking about us on what ever it was that he had in fact just said.
As it was that I just seemed to stand there and stare for a bit longer. I then did in fact just seem to see the woman smile. As it was that she then did in fact seem to go and speak back to Tom, just as before.
"Of course Tom... And that is good to here... It has been a while since any one has done any thing here... We've just been living in fear over the last few years..." She did in fact just seem to say to Tom.
As it was that she had her eyes wide just as she had in fact said that. As it was that she also then did in fact seem to reach out her hand. As it was that the both of them did in fact just seem to shake hands, at that.
It was clear to me that the both of them knew each other well. As it was that it did in fact seem to make me feel a little bit more calm. As I then did in fact just seem to once again hear Tom speak, all of the sudden.
"Alright you all... Their bows are different than ours... So you can't use their bows... But it is still sort of one in the same..." He did in fact just seem to say, all at once.
As it was that I realized that he was talking to us. As it was that I heard him switch languages, all of the sudden. As it was that he also then turned his head on over to us, all at the exact same time as well.
I seemed to stand there and stared for just a little bit longer. Before it was that I then did in fact just seem to blink my eyes a few times. As it was that I did in fact seem to hear the voice of Tyler from close by me.
"Wonder what the hell that means..." He did in fact just seem to say, all at the exact same time too. As it was that I kind of wondered the exact same thing that it was that he was in fact thinking right now.
As it was that I just seemed to turn my head away from Tyler. As it was that I just then did in fact seem to get my focus on Tom. And his friend Latifa, all at the exact same time as well, none the less.
As it was that I seemed to stand there and stare for some time. As it was that my eyes were in fact wide as I did as such a thing like that. That was when it was that I just seemed to start to hear Tom speak up.
"Alright... We are ready when ever..." He did in fact just seem to say to her. In what ever language it was that he had just said. As it was that I had my eyes wide, as I did not pretend to under stand what he had said.
As it was that I was at a complete loss for words as to just what it was that was in fact going on. As it was that I did in fact just seem to continue to stand there and stare for some time. As in the end, I then began to start to shake my head a little bit.
As it was that I seemed to have done as such a thing like that. That was when it was that I heard the voice of Latifa. As it was that she then did in fact just seem to go and speak up.
"Alright... We are ready! Get your bows ready! We don't know what we have to do yet..." She did in fact just seem to say  all at once. As it was that she also did in fact roll her eyes at Tom just as she had said what she had said at the end.
I was not all the too sure as to just what that was about. As it was that my eyes were in fact wide all at once. As it was that Tom did in fact just seem to look on over to us.
As he also did in fact just seem to have his own eyes wide. As it was that he did in fact seem to stare at us all for quite a bit of some time. Before it was that I just then did in fact begin to hear him speak to us.
"Alright... I need you to all go and look for some small moving targets... And be ready to throw them in the air... Zoe, and Joseph... Since you are the best shooters, I want you to show them how it's done..." He did in fact just seem to say to us.
As it was that he looked at Tyler and Timothy at first, all of the sudden. As it was that just as it was that he had said what he had said at the end. That was when it was that he then turned his head to me and Zoe.
I saw that Zoe was still not all too sure as to how to respond at first. As it was that I then did in fact just seem to simply stand there and stare. As in the end, I then did in fact just seem to start to go right on ahead.
And I then did in fact just seem to see Tyler and Timothy. Begin to start to look for some small objects scattered through the streets, at that. As it was that I then did in fact just seem to let out a soft sigh.
As it was that I then did in fact just seem to go right on ahead. And I then did in fact seem to go and speak to my self quietly. As I made sure that no one could hear as to just what I had to say to my self.
"Alright... Well... Let's get this started then..." I did in fact just seem to say to my self. As it was that I was not all too sure as to just why it was that I was worried that no one could hear what I had to say.
As perhaps it was the simple fact that the Egyptian people could hear me. As it was that I knew that they would not under stand what I had said. As it was that I just seemed to shake my head as I shook away those thoughts.
I did in fact just seem to stand there and stare for some time. As it was that I then did in fact just seem to hear the voice of Timothy. As it was that he then did in fact just seem to go and speak from far away.
"Alright... We are ready when ever you are..." He did in fact just seem to say, all at once. As it was that he was in fact about 50 meters away, just as it was that he had said that.
As I could barely hear what it was that he had said. As it was that I did in fact still hear the quiet voices of every one all around me. As I did my best to just simply try to drown it all out, all at the exact same time too.
As it was that I had in fact tried to do as such a thing like that. I then did in fact seem to hear the much louder voice of Tom. As it was that he did in fact just seem to speak from much closer by, all of the sudden.
"Alright Zoe... Joseph... Are you both ready?" He did in fact just seem to say to us both, at that. As it was that I did in fact seem to see that his eyes were mainly focused on me.
As it was that it was clear to me that Zoe was already ready. As she did in fact have her bow out right now. As it was that she did in fact have some arrows as well, as it was clear that she was ready to shoot.
As it was that I did in fact realize that it was the case. I then did in fact just seem to go and take my bow from off of my back. As it was that I then did in fact go and speak back to Tom, all at the exact same time too.
"Yep... I'm ready for what ever..." I did in fact just seem to say. As it was that I then did in fact just seem to nod back to the man. Just as soon as it was that I had in fact said as to just what it was that I had said.
As it was that I just seemed to stand there and stare. In the end, I then did in fact just seem to let out a rough sigh to my self. As it was that I then did in fact just seem to pick up my bow and an arrow from off my back.
As it was that I har in fact done as such a thing like that. That was when it was that I heard the much louder voice of Tom this time. As it was that he did in fact just seem to shout out loud, all at the exact same time too.
"Alright! Go now!" He did in fact just seem to yell to Tyler and Timothy. As it was that just as it was that I had in fact heard him say that. That was when it was that I then did in fact just seem to go right on ahead.
And I then did in fact just seem to see a few things fly in the air. As it was that I knew as to just which one to focus my eyes on. As it was that I then pulled back the bow, as it seemed like every thing was going slow.
As it was that I then let go of the string, all of the sudden. As it was that I then did in fact just seem to watch the arrow fly in much faster speed. As it was that I spoke to my self as it was that I saw as such a thing like that.
"Oh yeah... That's perfect..." I did in fact just seem to say to my self. As it was that I watched as I saw the arrow fly right on up to where it was that there was a much smaller target in the sky, all at once.
I then watched as it was that it did in fact hit the small target. As it was that I felt like I could not help but to feel proud of my self. Just as soon as it was that it had in fact been the case, none the less.
As it was that I just seemed to watch the arrow and the target fly down. I then noticed that the same thing had happened for Zoe. As it was that I heard her voice, as it was that she seemed to speak to her self from right beside me, at that.
"It's so easy from that close..." She did in fact just seem to say. As it was that she did in fact just seem to turn her head on over to Tom. Just as soon as it was that she had in fact said as to just what she had said.
It was clear that she did in fact want some thing a little bit harder. As it was that I felt like I could not blame her for that at all. As it was that I knew that she had in fact been doing this for years as this point.
I did in fact just seem to turn my head on over to Tom. To see if it was that he had caught as to just what it was that she had said. But if he had, he simply did in fact seem to ignore it, as he did in fact not seem to care.
He did in fact seem to have his eyes on Latifa just now. As it was that I then did in fact also just seem to hear him go up and speak, at that. As it was that I did in fact just listen as to what ever it was that he had to say.
"Alright Latifa... Your men are ready... Hopefully they can get the jist of what we just did..." He did in fact just seem to say to her, all at once. As it was that he did in fact have his eyes wide, as he had a very serious look on his face just as he had said that.
Latifa seemed to stare right back at him for a few moments, all at once. As in the end, she also then did in fact just seem to go and nod back to him. As it was that she also seemed to turn her head away from him.
I saw that she was in fact looking at her men, just as it was that she had done as such a thing like that. As it was that she seemed to stare at them for a few moments, all at once. Before it was that she then began to go and speak to them her self.
"Alright... They are going to be small moving targets... The soft spot on the skin of the dragons... It will be hard, but I know we are good warriors..." She did in fact just seem to say, all at the exact same time too.
As it was that she did in fact seem to have a very serious look on her face. Just as soon as it was that she had in fact said as to just what ever it was that she had said. As it was that I did in fact just seem to blink my eyes a few times, at that.
I did in fact also just seem to go and see her men nod back to her. As it was that I then did in fact see them begin to draw out their bows. As it was that it was clear that they were ready, none the less.
Just as soon as it was that it had in fact been the case. That was when it was that I then did in fact just seem to hear the voice of Tom. As it was that he did in fact just seem to go and speak in our language, at that.
"Alright Tyler and Timothy! Do you have any more targets?" He did in fact just seem to ask them, all at the exact same time as well. As it was that I did in fact just seem to see that he had his eyes on them.
The both of them seemed to stare back at him for some more time, all at once. Before it was that I then did in fact just seem to hear the loud voice of Tyler. As it was that I then did in fact just seem to go and listen as to just what ever it was that he had to say.
"Yeah... We are ready..." He did in fact just seem to say. As it was clear that he did in fact under stand as to just what it was that Tom was getting at. As it was that Tom then did in fact just seem to nod back to them.
As it was that he then did in fact go right on ahead and look back at Latifa. As it was that he seemed to stare right in to her eyes. As I wondered as to just what it was that he was thinking about her just now.
It was clear to me that the man did in fact clearly like her. As it was that I did my best to just try to get my mind off of all of that. As it was that I then did in fact hear Tom speak to her in to her language, all at once.
"Alright... They are ready... Just go ahead and do the count down..." He did in fact just seem to say, all at the exact same time as well. As it was that he had a very serious look on his face once again, at that.
As Latifa had in fact noticed that it had in fact been the case. She then did in fact go right on ahead and seem to nod back to Tom. As I wondered if she felt the same sort of way about him, none the less.
As in the end, I then did in fact just seem to hear her voice. As she had her focus on to her own army, all at once. As I did in fact still listen as to just what she had to say, though I still did in fact not under stand it.
"Alright... Who ever hits their shots on their first try, can get extra rations for their family tonight!" She did in fact just seem to say. As it was clear to me that it was not a count down what so ever, at that.
As it was that I did in fact seem to see that it was. That the men did in fact seem to be intrigued, none the less. As it was clear that they did in fact like as to just what ever it was that she had in fact just said.
I kind of just seemed to stand there and stare, all at once. As it was that I did in fact just seem to hear Zoe mutter from right behind me. As it was that I also did in fact listen as to just what it was that she had to say right now.
"Come on... Can't we just please get this over with?" She did in fact just seem to say, all at once. Almost as if it was that she felt like she had some where else to be right now.
I was a little bit lost as to just why it was in fact the case for her, at that. But I did in fact do my best to try to not think on it all too much, what so ever. As it was that I did in fact know that it was in fact besides the point, none the less.
I in stead, did just seem to get my mind and my focus on what it was. That was in fact Latifa, all at the exact same time as well. As she then did in fact seem to speak in perfect unison in different tongues as Tom.
"3... 2... 1... Now!" I did in fact just seem to hear the both of them say. As it was that I then did in fact just seem to see the small targets fly in the arrows. Along with the arrows that came just shortly after, all at the exact same time as well.
It was probably around 50 to 100 arrows that I saw fly past me. But not a single one of them did in fact seem to hit their target, what so ever. As it was that I did in fact just seem to be a little bit shocked by it.
As I felt like one of them would in fact get lucky, none the less. As it was that I knew that Tom had told me that they were good with bows. But that just did in fact not seem to be the case what so ever, from what I saw.
I just seemed to watch as the last arrow did in fact just seem to fall. As it was that I also heard the voice of a not so happy man from behind me. As it was that he did in fact just seem to go and speak up about that.
"That's not fair... They be using some sort of special arrows! Doesn't the guy know magic?"