Truth Or Lie?

I text her again, and again, and again, but I get no reply. She just wouldn't disappear just like that. That's not her. It has never been here. I call her one last repeatedly it went straight to voicemail.

"This is not funny, Nat. Where are you? I think to myself."

I should have paid attention to her more. She did a lot for me. It's my fault. I sit back on the couch, holding my head in my hands, frustrated with myself. Before I realize I was asleep.

----

I wake up to some noises from the door. I jump up and make my way quickly towards the sounds. I open up.

"Nat, what the fuck! Where were you?" I hug her so tight as if I've seen her after a very long time.

"Easy there, Angelica" She unexpectedly pushes me back. What's gotten into you?

"What?" I ask while I see her walk towards the kitchen.

"Yeah? I left you a note. Didn't you read it?"

"Nat. There wasn't any note. What do you mean you left one? I just searched the whole fucking house."

"I did, It's right on the".... she looks towards the fridge where we usually keep up the notes using magnets.

I eye her in frustration and in need of an answer.

"Where the heck have you been?"

As soon as I asked that question, I could see her getting all tensed and sweaty as if she was being questioned by a policewoman asking her what crime did she do. She opens up the fridge and takes out a bottle of juice, shaking it. Her behaviours seemed unusual. This wasn't her. It felt like she has something in her mind that she wasn't telling me about. As if she's hiding something.

"Nat?" I say her name to snap her out of her world.

"Are you there?" I ask.

"Oh, yeah. I'm sorry. I was just at my folk's place. I took the day off today. Mama wasn't feeling good so. It was an emergency call." She states.

Emergency call? If it was an emergency call, why is she so neutral about it? If my mama was going through physical stuff, I'll be dying to make her feel better again. But, I didn't see even the slightest bit of empathy on her face. I just stare at her, trying to figure her out.

"Nat." I clear my throat before asking her the question I was hesitant to ask.

"Are you really okay? You don't have to lie to me. Where were you?"

"Jeez, Angelica, why are you getting on my back?"

She signs as I step back, crossing my hands and looking at her for a valid explanation.

"Look, I just had a long, hectic day with my parents, okay? They just asked me what I was doing with my life and mom and dad still fighting even at a stage like this, so I guess I'm just frustrated."

"Can you please give me some space? I would appreciate it."

I stay quiet and still like a statue and finally give in.

"You're right, I'm sorry. I'll leave you to it. I'll be in my room if you need me. Okay?" I say.

She smiles and nods while sipping her drink, and I storm off to my room upstairs.

I close the door behind me and lean back. That's not Natalia that I know. Something's off. Either she's telling the truth, or sleeping with a guy she wants to keep a secret. Or maybe.... she's lying.

The way she talked to me hurt like hell. Is this how Jonathan felt when I called him off? Maybe, maybe not. Ugh. This shit is true. The more you run away from things, the more they'll catch up to you.

I can't run. I have to face everything. And I will.

I take out my phone and open my chats with Jonathan.

"You up?"

I get no reply. I figure he would need some space after the bullshit I threw on him today. Filled with anger, I throw my phone on the table right beside my bed and I get a text back.

"Is this urgent?"

Okay. I admit I'm bad at apologising, but I try.

"Look. I'm sorry about today. I guess I was just throwing someone else's frustration at you."

"Is this how you apologies?"

"I... try."

Left on reading. Good. I guess I had that one coming. But eventually, he text back.

"You should do it in a better way."

"I'm new at this so, mind giving me some suggestions?"

"Hmm. Dinner?"

"Are you asking me, or is this your way of saying that I'll be the one paying for it?"

"You'll be the one paying for it."

I laugh but couldn't help but blush on the inside.

"Deal. 7 o'clock?"

"I'll pick you up."

I lock my phone and bite my lip as if I was a schoolgirl being asked to go to the prom with a sexy school-popular guy. I guess I really got a date.

Wait, me! I quickly realize.

I'm going on a date? I don't do dates. I get shocked because he led me into something unconscious which I never did in my life. Given my past, why would I? When I knew all guys do will get into your pants the best way possible.

Is Jonathan Ramsey changing the way I naturally am? Or is this some kind of black magic?

I guess I thought that it would frustrate me. He helped me process from a bad way into a good way, and I guess I was more was amazed than disappointed. The effect he had on me was different. He is sweet and kind, not to mention sexy. I guess he just wants what's best for me. Maybe he felt jealous watching me with Ethan today.

I sit back and bit my phone. Smiling, blushing, turning red as a tomato.

Let's see what Jonathan Ramsey has planned for us.