What Possible Reason?

Why the hell do you do this, Nat? Why! I rushed towards her room again and I saw the drawer already half open in which she placed her medicines.

She must have realised that I knew about her not taking the medicines. I started calling her mother, but there was no answer. It was already a lot late so I couldn't call his co-workers. But I did to those who I knew were close to her.

One of them answered and told that she had contacted none of them for now, but they surely will keep me posted.

I knew I needed to find her before she harms herself. While I grabbed my car keys, I took my phone and locked the door behind and drove off to find her.

I went to every single place I could think of where she could be. But Natalia was nowhere to be found. I tried calling her again, but this time the phone was switched off.

"Where the hell are you, Nat? Where are you?"

I knew I couldn't go to the police for now. If she ran away by her own choice, we couldn't do shit. If she was missing, we still had to wait 24 hours before filing a report.

"What the hell do I do now?" I was getting desperate and going crazy because of this.

It was almost an hour now that I was searching for her. In the end, I only had one person who could help me. I took out my phone once again and called Ethan.

"Ms May, is something wrong? You never call at this hour."

"Nat...Natalia's gone!"

"What do you mean, gone?"

"She...I can't find her anywhere. She's still got her stitches. I'm afraid she..."

"Calm down, Ms May. Where are you?"

"I'm only 600-700 meters away from your house."

"Are you safe? Just drive here. And let me know if you think someone's following you." He says, now his voice all intense. "Damn it, Angelica. You shouldn't be driving here and there at this hour alone."

"I'm sorry. I just needed to find her."

"Just come here, we'll talk. And put the call on speaker. Don't cut the line until you reach here."

"Okay." I placed the phone in a secure place and I once again started driving. It took a few minutes before I reached Ethan's house and I found him already waiting for me outside.

I got out of the car and I could see Ethan was already making some calls.

"Let's get you inside first."

We both go in and he offered me a glass of water, still talking to someone on the phone. All I could do was think of a place where she could have gone to. What reason was it she was playing this...fucked up game? All the hours, the drinks, and every moment that I enjoyed with her were just vanishing away.

"Alright, thanks," Ethan hangs up the phone, and I gazed at him, eager to know what he found out.

"Well, a friend of mine told me she was last seen at Avalon..but... No one has seen her after that."

"Where would she have gone?"

Ethan comes towards me and kneels down to look directly into my eyes. He was trying to tell me something, but couldn't think of a way to let it out.

"I..."

"What is it?" I ask, all intense.

"She...ugh...She had a knife with her, Angelica."

"WHAT? But why? How?" I hyperventilate instantly after hearing those words.

"Maybe it's for her own protection or.. Maybe she.."

"Ms May." I gazed right into his eyes, still shocked.

"I think you should stay here for now. Let's just focus on finding Natalia. When we will, things can always go back to normal." I knew Ethan was trying to calm me down, but. Why? Why was she doing all of this? Natalia has everything. Every single thing. Her life's good. She's got amazing parents, a lot of healthy money, friends who adore her. Still, we have to face..this?

"Have you eaten something?" Ethan asked.

"Not yet."

"I'll get something for you. Make yourself at home, Ms May."

Ethan gets up and goes over to the kitchen to make something. I stayed still like a puppet. As if I wanted someone to tie me with strings and make my body move. Suddenly I realised. I still had gotten no message from Jonathan. I got up and moved to a distance, texting Jonathan.

"Hey, just wanted to make sure that you're home safe. Let me know."

I get no reply.

I text him again.

"If this is your way of ghosting me, I don't need this right now."

Nothing. It couldn't be the time issue too, as he left hours ago. He should be home by now.

"Is something wrong?" Ethan asked while placing the appetizer on the table.

"No, Nothing. I'm just worried." I say while I walked towards the dinner table.

"You shouldn't be, for now. All we have to do is wait."

"Wh...what if she...harms someone?"

"Well, In that case, I've already got some of my men ready. You shouldn't worry."

Ethan knew I was Hella scared and fucking depressed, so he got up and came to my side, cupping my face.

"Don't worry Ms May. She's not going to harm anyone or herself. And I'm sure she'll be home by the morning."

Ethan kisses my cheek and gives me a reassuring smile.

"Come on, Ms May. You should keep that figure tight."

I giggled and ate dinner with him, trying not to think about Rogue Natalia Polinski.

After a few minutes or so, I didn't realise that I drifted apart and Ethan helped me lie in his bedroom. I woke up at 4 in the morning and the first thing I did was check my messages.

There were none.

Rubbing my eyes, I try not to think about what was going on, only to know that a big fight was about to come.

Before I could fall asleep again, Ethan rushed over to my side, waking me up slowly.

"Angelica, wake up."

I fluttered my eyes, figuring out what Ethan was saying.

"Wh...what happened?"

"I..uh.."

"Ethan, What?"

"It's...Jonathan."

"Wha...what happened to him?"

"He met with an accident and he's in a coma."

"What?!"