Realization.

Before I complete my words, I stopped.

How can say this to a man so soon? Sure, the man who I was talking to was what every woman desires and dreams about. But how? Ethan Ethan was early waiting for what I was about to say, but I changed the real thing with my expressions.

"Everything okay?" He asks.

"Oh, yeah. I was just grateful. I've never imagined California can be this... lovely."

"I guess I know where to take you apart from all around the world," He winks and walks towards the table where we were about to sit, pulling out the chair for me.

"Such gentlemen," I say playfully while I sat down.

"Well, good thing it's only for you."

I blushed at his statement and there was a button right beside his side of the table. He pressed it and servers with the breakfast came immediately. The servers placed some light and some heavy food, including fruits, on the table and made their way back downstairs.

"So.. They all work under you?" I ask him.

"Yes. Why do you ask?"

"Curiosity."

"Hmm," He leaned on the table and looked straight into my eyes with a cocky smile and playful grin.

"We should take care of that curiosity of yours, shouldn't we, Ms May?"

"Maybe,"

Ethan almost giggled and leaned back, pouring us both some juice.

"Eat, or else I'll eat you again,"

"If you say so, Sir."

And we both started filling our hunger... Well through food. We watched the city and talked about work and stuff. I asked Ethan what made him build up this empire. He was really secretive at first, but eventually told me.

All that talk landed on one thing.

"Did.. did you find out how was... Roger?"

Ethan paused, which made me realise he was keeping the information from me.

"I wanna know, Ethan. I have to know for my sake."

He took a deep breath and finally spoke.

"Well, I get an update about him frequently."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Ms May, even if I told you about him, that wouldn't have done you anything good, trust me."

"How?"

"Ms May. The scar I just showed you was a part of the situation you're in right now. I, too, had an encounter with someone like Roger. I thought getting updates would ease some managers in me. But that wasn't the case, not even one per cent."

"The more I knew the person was doing better, the more the fire filled me. All I could think was, why? Why would the higher power would give that person a second chance when I got struggled instead?"

"Is this... the equality of the world? I kept questioning if I made the right choice of turning them in or not."

He shook his head, quickly gaining consciousness about what he just did. Ethan gave me a lot of information in one go. This wasn't him. But I guess he needed to let it out. He was regretting the fact which made him feel vulnerable. But in front of me? That wasn't the case even a single bit.

"Don't worry, Ethan."

He looked straight at me.

"Communicating doesn't make you an easy target or makes you weak. I think showing vulnerability is your power, as it takes courage to do so." I didn't waste time, and I walked towards Ethan's side, standing behind him.

I leaned in on his shoulders, caressing his hair and massaging his shoulders.

"Don't worry, whatever you show, you'll always be the raw animal who takes control of my body just how I love," I whisper softly in his ears before biting it slowly.

Ethan grabs my arms and pushes me forward so I could sit on his lap. As I do, he locks his lips on me, grabbing my neck from behind and holding my ass.

"Should we have something sweet now?" He asks after he breaks the kiss.

"Hehe, I really could, but I have to go back to Natalia."

"Is she doing okay?"

"Better than before, yeah. I just need to make sure she's taken her medicines on time or not. She's just clumsy and a kid always trying to run away with medicines."

"Hmm, come on. Let's finish up and I'll drive you."

Before I could say that I can go by myself, Ethan prevents my mouth from even opening up while giving me another sensual kiss. Later, we both ate up, and he dropped me off back.

After unlocking the door, I walked up to her room, looking if she was awake.

"Nat?"

"In here."

The voice was coming from the shower. I went in front of the door, knocking on it.

"You in there?" I ask.

"Yeah, I'm just taking a shower."

"Wait, were you allowed to do that? You might mess up your stitches."

"Oh, don't worry about it. I got them covered."

"Did you take your medicines?"

There was a long pause before she answered me again. I thought she might have not heard me well because of the running water, but that wasn't the case until now.

"Nat... Did you?."

"Yeah, I took them already."

"Alright, I'm gonna go get dressed. I'm late for work."

"Okay, be out in 5."

I took some steps back and made a path to walk out of Nat's room. Before I could go downstairs, I stopped. I needed to make sure if she really did take her meds or not. So I went back into her room again and slowly open the top drawer where she kept her medicines.

At first, I didn't find them. She must have kept them in the fridge. I went downstairs to find them, but I couldn't. If I were Nat, I thought, where would I keep my medicines? There was one place where I figured she would keep them. I went back up and carefully took the box, opening it up.

And I was fucking right.

Natalia built that whole fucked up situation again, which she build before. I never thought she would throw her medicines in the trashcan. And I realised she was never to be trusted. As I knew that....

Natalia was lying again.