Ray Of Sunshine.

"Oh, I...I can't believe it," It was true. The pain, the tension and the unbearable mood swings. After Angel was born, it was all worth it.

I forgot about it all. As soon as I held her in my arms.

"Now, baby, the doctors are going to take her away for a second, okay? They need to make sure she's healthy. Can you do that?" Ethan says in a whimpering, smooth voice.

"I..Okay. But please ask them to be... gentle with her. Please."

"I know, baby, they will be. Trust me, okay?"

"Okay, okay. Here," I pass Angel to the nurse and she wraps her around her arms safely.

"I can't believe she's finally here, Ethan. I can't believe it."

"Mrs Cooper, we need to run some tests on you too, and I'm afraid we have to do it right now."

"Okay, Okay," I say, and Ethan looks a little concerned about me. He just saw me giving birth. It was valid.

"I'll be fine, Ethan. I promise. Please watch over at Angel. She needs to be with her father right now. Please, can you?.."

"Okay, Okay. I'll be back, okay? I love you,"

"I love you."

I see Ethan following up behind our baby as the doctors give me some medication to help ease some pinching. My checkup took a little time, but I was exhausted. I needed sleep, and I needed it right now.

I just couldn't help to picture Angel again and again in my mind.

Eventually, I fell asleep after my checkup.

----

"Angel?" I wake up and look around to see where everyone went. It was already daytime, and the light sun's rays were falling on her.

"Angel, baby?" I see her right beside my bed. The nurses must have brought her in here while I was passed out.

"You're awake," Ethan says as he walks inside the room.

"I am." He helps me sit up and I caress my daughter's cheek.

"She's so small and soft," I say.

"She is."

"I can't believe I did it, that we did it," I say.

"Nah, Anna, it was all you. I knew you'd go through with it perfectly. And you know? She doesn't even care about me right now. As soon as she realised you were away, she kept crying and crying and fussing."

"The nurse eventually had to bring her back here."

"They did check up on her, right?"

"They did. She's healthy." Ethan smiles and I burst out crying.

"Oh, thank god."

"Hey hey, she's here and the first thing she sees should definitely not be her mother crying."

"I know...I just..."

"I know, Anna. I know." Ethan holds me close and hugs me as tight as he could. Making me feel safe and secure.

"Mai and the others are outside waiting for you. Should I..?"

"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine. Just please warn Mai not to scream."

"Oh, she knows that already. I've never seen her so quiet like this before."

"Hehe, alright, I trust her."

"Okay." Ethan walks out of the room and there comes Mai and Hailey.

"Oh my god," Mai whispered and Hailey starts to cry.

"Oh, I need a minute," and she walks out..

"Don't mind her, babies always make her go happy-sad," Mai explains.

"I get it. It was my first reaction as well."

"Can I?" Mai asks for my permission to look over at Angel.

"Of course, Mai."

She goes over to her and slightly touches her hand. Angel was still sleeping, but still, she grabbed Mai's finger with his complete hand.

"Oh, she looks just like you, Anna."

"I highly doubt that."

"She does. And I have to say, she's the luckiest little young lady to have been born with parents like you and Ethan."

"I hope so," I say but in a less much enthusiastic way.

"Hey, why the long face?"

"I don't know if I'm going to be a wonderful mother, Mai. I...I mean, look at me. Who my parents were, and what they did. I mean, I don't blame my parents or whoever they were for what they did."

"But.."

"Hey, Anna. Angel is the luckiest baby girl in the entire world to have you guys, okay? And if you really are worried about how you're going to handle every situation, know this."

"Babies give us a chance to be better for who we were or are. Got it?"

"I...Are you sure?"

"Oh hell yeah,"

"Don't swear," I said instantly.

"Sorry, but...yeah. You're gonna do great. And if you don't, Angel's got her aunt's spoiling her up."

"Alright, I'm taking her far away from you guys."

"Oh, come on. You can't do this.."

We gossiped for almost 15 minutes and then I started feeling dizzy again. Ethan came by and told us that we can all go home the day after tomorrow. I was thrilled to hear that news.

I just wanted to be in a garden with Angel and Ethan for a picnic. That's all I wanted.

----

We were finally home. Ethan was literally doing every single thing I never expected him to do. It was almost funny to see a billionaire work this hard. But he proved nothing mattered the most than our daughter.

Luckily, I was too recovering fast. And I needed to because, well, Angel's behaviour was similar to Ethan's and lesser acknowledgeable than mine.

The three of us did every single thing together. We waited 6 months for Angel to grow up so we could take her out for a walk.

And for the first time when she walked on her own feet with the help of a table, every single one of us cried.

Mai was right. Babies make us better than before. It was true. Angel came, Ethan and I never fought, never raised our voices and dealt with every single situation with maturity.

And before we could realise it, Angel was already 1 year old.

She now walking, running, speaking gibberish but oh, her voice was so, so, so sweet. I could record it, and make it my own personal ringtone.

I did get letters from my 'Father' congratulating me. Indirectly, in one of those letters, he asked if he could meet Angel himself in person, but I wasn't sure I was ready to watch that act.

Angel was too small for that. Too small. So I waited till I was thinking much clearer and then asked him to meet Ethan and me first.

And he did.

I wasn't ready to forgive what and why he did what he did, but I guess Angel deserves a whole family package. Never in my life, I wanted her to be sad about anything. Or feel as if it wasn't enough.

And before we knew it, we were finally living a normal life.

--The End--