Clara.

I said nothing after our conversation about his past. We were both quiet the whole way to the hotel. I couldn't stop thinking about what possibly he could have done and why there isn't any information available about him on the web.

Ethan helped me check into the hotel room and left immediately after I got settled in. I guess he would meet that gangster guy again. Beginning my search again, I took out my laptop from my bag after I made sure Ethan was gone. I looked for even the smallest thing that could give me some clue about who he was.

Dead End.

Nothing. Like seriously, nothing. Not in the newspaper, not in magazines, or even a single article. Just nothing. This can't be really true, is it? There must be someone who knew about him.

Beep beep

"One whole day without you seems like ages have passed," I get this text from Jonathan.

That's it. Jonathan is the only one who knows Ethan better than anyone else. I could ask him. But how? They trust each other, and I really don't want to mess with that. I had to play nice and smooth if I do so.

"Coffee tomorrow after work?" I text him back.

"Can I say no to you ever?"

"You can try."

"Haha, see you tomorrow."

I had to know about Ethan. But not tonight. I'll think about it tomorrow with Jonathan. The only thing I could do for now is rest.

The night passed, and I woke up as usual, got ready, and went to work. I checked my phone to see if I got some new messages, but I had none apart from Nat. It felt like Ethan didn't want to speak to me for now. I could almost feel why, but it was making me go crazy a bit.

While walking down the hall, I saw the woman 'Clara' who was trying to get into Jonathan's pants, following up to me.

"Not being accompanied by the boss?"

"Get off my back, Clara." I wasn't really in the mood to gossip around, so I just pushed her away.

"I'm onto you, you know?" She says.

Okay, is she onto me as I'm seeing Ethan Cooper or sleeping with Jonathan Ramsey, your knight in shining armour?

"I know your brief tour with Jonathan," she says.

Yep, it's the Jonathan thing.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

He suddenly grabs my arm and forces me to look at her.

"What the fuck are you doing?" I ask her, growling but maintaining my voice.

"What the fuck are you doing? Huh? Don't steal Jonathan away from me! He and I have a history you can never have. If you want all your things to still point up? Go fuck another random guy like you always do."

Oh, this bitch just crossed the line.

"You really think you and Jonathan have a 'history' together? Do you even know where he lives? His age? Anything about his past? Have you ever slept with him?"

Her eyes got uneasy because she and I both knew what the truth was.

"Look, Clara. I haven't claimed Jonathan. He can be with anyone he was with. I'm not a fucking with who has led him to drink some kind of love potion or something. So I'll ask you this once and clearly."

"Can you please get the fuck out of my back?"

She stared at me for a while. I could almost feel the rage coming out of her. She stepped back a little after a few seconds, giving me the space to walk away.

As I continued down the hall, she speaks to me again.

"You're right, Angelica. He and I haven't slept together yet."

I turned to her, frustrated and annoyed. Before I could revert, she said something I thought no one would figure out for now.

"It's true that Jonathan doesn't look at me the same way he looks at you. But he isn't the only one here who does, is he?"

Clara walked towards me, mocking me, circling around me.

"Does my baby Jonathan know that you're fucking Ethan Cooper, Our CEO and his best Co-worker too?"

Even though I tried controlling it, fuck. Somehow I got nervous and barely managed not to disclose it to her. I was getting filled up with such anger, I could seriously make her cry the shit out of herself only by my words. But as terrible as it sounds, Ethan may have been understanding for now, While Jonathan wouldn't like that I'm seeing another man as well.

Jonathan is the sweet kind, not the playboy kind. Jonathan will feel genuinely hurt if he finds out about it. And for now, I couldn't let Clara take advantage of this.

"Oh.. Sweet woman. You haven't told him yet, have you?" Clara teases me again.

"I knew it. I knew you and Ethan were hiding something together. I wasn't sure myself, but your expressions say it all. Oh my! This can be the news of the century."

She literally got filled with excitement and almost jumped around.

"Fine, go ahead. Tell them."

She gazed at me in confusion. No convict would easily disclose all her wrongdoings like that.

"What the hell... are... are you crazy?" She asks.

"The crazy one is you for now, Clara. Think about it. If you tell everyone about me and Ethan, Jonathan would know who ratted us out. And given mine and his connection with each other, he wouldn't appreciate you more. How would he feel when he finds out that the one woman who truly wanted to be with him would jeopardise his closest colleague's career? Would he like the fact that it was you? Of course not, Love."

"So next time, you can try to call us out before every single person working here. Most of them would believe you and most of them wouldn't. Even if they do, they wouldn't support you, Clara. We aren't the only ones who're having some type of relationship with their co-worker. Grow up."

This left her in deep thinking. She was standing still. I got her right where I wanted her. This world is nothing but a harsh truth. Not everyone here is as clean as they seem, not her, not him. Not even me. And that's the revelation.

I walk away, leaving here and there. I thought this would end here, but...

I was wrong.