The Interrogation.

The police didn't waste their time. They came in first thing in the morning. Of course, for now, I kept the note hidden. I just wanted to get this over with. Involving the police there was the last thing that I wanted to do experience.

They asked me to wait in the room with plain white walls and a mirror at the front. So that's what they call an interrogation room. I wait there for a while with a feeling that I was being constantly monitored. After a few minutes or so, this police officer comes in with a mug. He placed it in front of me while sitting in his chair.

"Some coffee. I thought you might need it. We called in early, I know. But I hope you understand this is how case procedures go." He says.

I smile and nod, trying to keep my secrets to myself.

"First, I'm Rick Anderson. I do the questioning around here."

"Please, Feel comfortable. Think of it as a simple chat of trying to get to know each other. The only difference is, I want to know what and why Ms Polinski would do such a thing and where exactly were you."

I couldn't think of a way to explain what happened and for what exact reason. So I just started with a word and kept going with the flow.

"Nat and I had a fight over something stupid and I needed some time alone with myself processing everything. I was staying at a hotel and when I got the message from her, I was at my job."

"Okay, what was the fight about?"

Come on, man, give me a break. Now where do I start from and what exactly can I say to make this better? Am I really supposed to say that she hired a spy to keep track of my ex-boyfriend, who was a d*ck?

"We had a fight over an experience that we faced," I say.

"What was the experience?"

"I think Nat wouldn't want to disclose our personal fight with personal details without her being present in the room."

The guy smiles cockily at me before moving on to the next question. I knew he knew I was hiding something, but he kept his cool.

"Sure."

"So, Ms May. What exactly do you do?"

"I'm an assistant manager at Cooper Inc."

When I first said the word Cooper, his expression changed. It was more filled with curiosity to know more about 'Cooper' than the case. But being in power, he could ask me about it anytime. He shook his head and moved on to the next question.

"Can you tell me where were you staying?"

"At the Lucille Hotel."

"Your relationship with Ethan Cooper?"

"Excuse me?" My voice was now aggressive.

"Oh, I'm sorry if this question offended you. I meant no disrespect. It's just. You work at Cooper Inc and the Hotel room you're staying at is registered under Ethan Cooper, so."

It was true. The questioners can be a bitch.

"He's my boss, Sir. And he, being a good boss, helped me stay in his hotel room for one freaking night."

"Careful, Ms May. Your aggression right now can lead you somewhere you don't want to be. Of course, if there is something that you're hiding from us, that would be the case, yes, if not. I'm sure they have filled you with the information."

"I actually have not," I say.

Before he could continue further, a guy comes, seems to be another officer or something and he whispers something in his ear. They both looked at me at the same time. The officer goes away and Rick didn't divert his gaze.

"Fascinating." He says.

I get confused and honestly a little scared. I know I shouldn't say, but this guy was giving me creepo vibes. He gets up and straightens himself.

"I'll be back in a few minutes." He says, and he walks out of the room.

Fuck this. I probably should have told him the truth. But if I do. My past would be out in the world. Not the molesting one but, the real one.

1O minute went by, then 15, then 30. No one came. I stared at the two-way mirror in front of me. I knew people were watching. Even if I wanted to, I couldn't risk doing anything stupid right now. My priority was Nat for now. The Second was talking to her and clearing things out, and the third was packing my things and going away to a secluded island to live for the rest of my life.

I just can't get a break!

Finally, the door swings open and the creepy guys walk in.

"Ms May, you can go home, for now. Please, Let me escort you outside."

What? In the Hell? I know I wasn't being charged with anything yet. But what the fuck was happening right now? Why am I being sent so early? What is this trick?

I got up and followed his instructions. Just as I cross the hallway, I see a man standing looking in the opposite direction, with only his back exposed to me.

"He's waiting for you now," Rick said, before walking away in frustration.

I watch that man intensely trying to figure out who he was. And finally, he turns around.

"What the hell are you doing here?"

I ask Ethan.

"Walk with me." His voice was heavy and intense. It was like he was more worried and sick at the same time. Of course, I got me and Jonathan in trouble. I guess I should have apologised to him first.

Ethan picked up the pace and I try to keep up with him. I felt scared of Ethan's pace right now. He was mad. We got in his car and he started driving away. I watch Rick standing on the first floor, staring intensely at us. Please god, don't push him to find out more about me. But the key question wasn't what Rick would do right now. It was how the fuck Ethan knew where I was.

"How did you know I was here?" I ask.

He kept his focus on driving. He didn't even turn his face and look at me. His eyes were constantly forward.

"Ethan! How did you find me?"

"Rick contacted me." He finally speaks.

"He contacted you? Why? You don't have a part in all this."

"I actually do."

I stared at Ethan with my eyes all shuddered in confusion.

"How can you be possibly involved in my case?"

"Your case did not actually contact me. Mine contacted me."

"WHAT?!"