38 - Resentment.

"Why are you here, Olivia?" Russell questioned feeling a slight tug in his heart as he stared at her

"I came to make things right," She declared making her way over to him.

"You named our son after me?" she started before taking a seat on the bed.

Russell scooted his body away from her before shaking his head

"I just thought Oliver was a good name," he replied lying. He did name Oliver after her.

Olivia smiled nodding her head before taking a deep breath in.

"M-My father told me everything on his deathbed," she announced.

Again Russell's heart rate spiked his body began to tremble but instantly stilled when Olivia rested her hand on his.

"I understand why you were that way. Why you couldn't love me," she began connecting her eyes with Russell's.

"My father was a sick and twisted man and got what he deserved to the bitter end. And I can't blame you for how you felt toward me and how you've acted,"

"It must have hurt you how you were forced to marry the daughter of your abuser," she finally announced confirming Russell's doubts.

She knew everything. She knew everything her father did to him yet she stood there with the most sincere gentlest smile.

She wasn't disgusted? She didn't look like it.

Russell was confused. Shouldn't be disgusted by him?

"Why are you looking at me like that? Why aren't you screaming at me telling me what you truly feel?" Russell questioned confusing Olivia.

"What do you mean?" Olivia asked genuinely confused.

"Aren't you disgusted? that I had sex with your father? That I couldn't-"

"That wasn't your fault Russell, you were a child," Olivia interrupted.

Russell shook his head.

"You should hate me, I should've told you, I should've-"

"Russell stop blaming yourself," Olivia ordered.

"I-I can't, I've hurt so many people, you and our son, "Russell rambled. Olivia shook her head as she grabbed his hand.

"What do mean? Did you hurt Oliver? What did you do?" She quried. She might have no right to ask such questions since she left her child but she still was that child's mother.