Chapter 22

Ino's POV

A week has past since Naruto told us he would be heading to his parents for a few days and a week has passed since he told us to watch out for any of Sasuke's suspicions.

Yeah, I've been visiting Shikamaru on his office a lot lately, trying to get a glimpse of Sasuke doing something out of place, or walking with a girl or kissing a girl. But I couldn't find any dirt. This guy is only coming to work and doing his job like a normal person. Damnit!.

But the weird part is, I've been seeing less of that pink haired women, but that could be anything. I've recently checked with Hinata and Kiba to ask if they have seen anything 'odd' about Sasuke.

Hinata said she have seen Sasuke going on lunch with a woman but she couldn't see the woman's face. And that just frustrated her the most. Kiba said his been trying to work after work hours and walking into Sasuke's office unannounced in hopes to catch him in the act but he would find him typing on his laptop or signing some paperwork.

Argh, this is so unfair, it's like the universe is working against us or something. I know that Uchiha bastard is good looking but that is not an excuse for the world to be against us like this. All we want to do is give our best friend answers. All we want is to see Naruto happy, is that too much to ask?!.

Right now it's eight pm at night and I'm sitting on my bed reading a book and Sai was sitting on his desk typing away on his laptop. He looks so focused and serious, a deep frown is set on his handsome face, I smiled. I feel tired and I'm ready to sleep. I yarned softly getting up the bed, wrapping my silk rob tightly.

"Baby, don't you think you need some rest, I mean you have been on that laptop for hours now," I said walking towards him and wrapped my arms around his broad shoulders from behind.

"Just in a minute honey, I'm doing a background check on a woman called Sakura Haruno," he said and I frowned.

"Why would you need to do a background check on her and didn't Naruto say no investigations," I said sitting on the desk besides his laptop to look at him.

"It's not an investigation babe, it's just a background check," he said and I shrug.

"So, why are you doing a background check then?. Did you see something?," I asked interested now.

"Not quite, I just heard some of Sasuke's employees talking about him and they mentioned the name Sakura Haruno, so I got interested," he said and I nodded frowning deeply getting even more interested.

"What did the employees say?," I asked and he sighed leaning back against his chair, running his hands over his face.

"They said they have been seeing 'Uchiha-sama' hanging around a woman named Sakura Haruno. Apparently, they saw Sasuke and this Sakura driving towards lunch together everyday, going shopping and going out to expensive restaurants. This guy's an ass, Ino. And I want to do a background check on Sakura and show Sasuke what kind of a person she is," he said I nodded. Right now I'm going to leave everything to Sai, hopefully he can find something on Sakura.

"Okay, I'll go to sleep but you need to sleep too Sai. Get some rest, I'm worried about you," I said kissing his lips gently and got to bed.

Time skip~
The next morning~

It's the next morning and I'm in the shower washing my hair. I have been texting with Naruto and he seems to be having fun at his parents. That was a relief because I don't want to see my best friend unhappy anymore.

I got out the shower and towards the closet to search for something to wear. I chose a white cropped top, white ripped jeans and a blue denim jacket, on my feet are white and black with a touch of pink Nikes.

 I chose a white cropped top, white ripped jeans and a blue denim jacket, on my feet are white and black with a touch of pink Nikes

Ino's outfit.

I walked down stairs to search for my boyfriend, I smiled as I saw him in the kitchen with only his sweat pants and slippers. He was topless revealing his muscled upper body.

"Hey there sexy?," I said wrapping my arms around his waist kissing his back. He smirked turning his head back to look at me.

"Hey babe, how did you sleep?," he asked flipping the pancakes.

"I slept like a baby, so did you find anything last night?," I asked sitting on the table. He set our plates with pancakes on the table.

"I found a lot of stuff Ino, something's are disturbing. I mean this woman is playing with fire, sho doesn't know who the Uchiha's are. I will need you to gather the others and we will talk about it over lunch," he said eating his pancakes and I nodded.

"Hopefully, we will expose Sakura for who she is. Sasuke hasn't seen nothing yet," I said shaking my head thoughtfully.

Time skip~

"Okay guys, I have called you here because I have done a background check on Sakura. And I have found some heavy things about her," Sai began as he took his laptop opening it.

We are all sitting at our usual table at the Akastuki's restaurant, slurping on smoothies as we listened to Sai.

"What did you find man?," Kiba asked leaning in.

"Okay let me read it out for you guys," Sai started and we listened.

"Sakura Haruno, her age is 27 years old and she grew up here in Konoha City. Her parents are Sara Haruno and Baragan Haruno. Her father passed away when she was five years old so her mother took over his fashion business and raised Sakura by herself. But due to them both love living the lavish life and spending money the business isn't doing all too well anymore," we all nodded focused.

"Baragan left Sakura a huge lump sum of money of which she obviously blew up, buying expensive clothes, shoes, cars, getting plastic surgery and obviously going on expensive holidays. Her mother is struggling to keep the business alive because of spending too much money on materialistic things instead of focusing on the business itself," Sai said and we all nodded slowly.

"Okay, here comes the more serious part, so Sakura obviously has a past okay, so in one of this holidays, she met a guy. The guy was obviously rich, he had cars, the business and the fame. So Sakura started a relationship with this guy and you won't believe what happened next," Sai said and we leaned in.

"What happened?," We asked.

"She coned the guy 20 million dollars," Sai said and we gasped.

"What?!," We yelled shocked and Sai nodded.

"Yeah, she did that and she actually managed to run away with this guy's money and the last part just threw me off even more," Sai said shaking his head.

"What is it Sai?," Hinata asked and we nodded.

"Sakura has a three year old son who lives with her grandmother. The father however is no where. No one knows of where he is," Sai said and we gasped with wide eyes. Now that is an unexpected turn of events.

"What?!," We all yelled.

"Yeah," Sai said with a nod.

                   🐾🐾🐾🐾

Until next time(•_•).