Chapter 58

Sasuke's POV

The next morning I woke up feeling comfortable and warm. I looked besides me and I saw Naruto lying besides me, his head against my chest. I smiled as I remembered the events that happened last night. I leaned in kissing his forehead gently.

I got up gently and walked downstairs to get started with breakfast. I took out the pans and the ingredients from the fridge. I'm going to start making Naruto's favorite breakfast. I'm sure he's going to appreciate that.

Time skip~

I set our plates on the table and our glass of apple juice. I looked up as I heard someone yarning walk down stairs, I smiled as I saw Naruto wearing one of my black sweat shirts, obviously too big on him, comfortable slippers and his hair was a mess.

"Good morning sunshine," I said with a smirk and he smiled sitting on the table.

"Yeah yeah, morning Sasuke," he said yarning one last time. I set on the table with him.

"How did you sleep?," I asked and he smiled brightly at me.

"I slept like a baby, it felt so good to be in your arms again," he said leaning against his chair sighing contently.

"I'm glad you enjoyed yourself Naruto and you're right. I did sleep peacefully too, having you around was just like a dream I didn't want to wake up from," I said and he blushed pulling his plate.

"Let's just eat our breakfast and get started with our day," he said blushing bright red. I chuckled and we ate our breakfast peacefully.

Time skip~

Naruto's POV

"Oh I'm telling you guys, Sasuke was amazing. He set up an indoor picnic and he made us dinner. It was so amazing, he even renovated the house for me to make me feel comfortable," I said with a sigh smiling," I think he's really trying you guys," I said towards Hinata and Ino. We are in the restaurant finishing up painting the walls.

"I don't know Naruto, aren't you worried that he might fall back into his hold tricks once he gets comfortable with you?," Ino asked worriedly.

"Yeah, I mean, he did cheat on you, for months," Hinata said agreeing with Ino.

"Yes I'm worried about that, how can I not be, I think about it every second I'm around him. But I really want to see where this thing is going," I said and they nodded.

"Okay, just be careful please," Ino said and I nodded.

"Don't worry guys, I got this now. I won't let him walk all over me anymore," I said and they nodded approvingly.

Sasuke's POV

Work was hectic, but I enjoyed myself. Mostly because I woke up to Naruto besides me and the events that took place yesterday. I woke up feeling happy, I was even smiling a bit. The cherry on top was the fact that Naruto and I started texting each other frequently.

We are planning to have lunch together this afternoon. But first I need to go see Sakura. She's been blowing up my phone. I walked out the building and towards my car driving towards Sakura's house. I don't know why, but Sakura has been refusing to go to work. So she's mostly at her house or at a friend's house and I don't know what else she does for the rest of the day.

I finally made it to her house and walked towards the door, ringing the doorbell. A few minutes later she opened it and smiled brightly.

"Sasuke!, You finally made it. Come in," she said stepping aside. I sighed walking towards her living room.

"Now tell me Sakura what do you want?," I asked sitting on the couch.

"Can't you just spend at least a day with me?, I'm sure that wouldn't hurt," she said nonchalantly.

"But it would hurt Naruto, I'm trying to pursue a relationship with him and I can't do that if you keep calling me and interfering with my life," I said with a frown.

"But I'm carrying your baby Sasuke, shouldn't I be your first priority?," she asked and I sighed.

"Sakura, I'm trying to get my life together again and I'm still recovering from what just happened  between us. I'll take care of you when I need to take care of you. Right now, just please stop calling me for trivial things, please. Sakura, I'm serious right now and you have to get this through your head because this thing is getting old and irritating. There will be nothing going on between us anymore, we are no longer together and we don't love each other. The only thing that connects us right now, is that baby, period," I said sighing heavily trying to calm nerves.

She said nothing, just looking down at her stomach," it was worth one last shot, I know now that I don't have a chance to be with you anymore. I know you've come to realize your true feelings for Naruto and I thought I could fight for you one last time because I don't like living with regrets. I promise I won't interfere with you anymore Sasuke, I have to let you go. I thought about what you said the other day and you were right, I was being ungrateful. I promise from now on I'm going to focus on our baby and nothing more," she said and I looked at her like she has grown a second head.

"Who are you and what have you done to Sakura?," I asked unbelievingly and she sighed smiling.

"Come on Sasuke I'm serious. I'm ready to take charge of my life again. I need to apologize to Naruto too," she said and I nodded smiling a bit, relieved to hear her say that.

"Well I'm glad to hear you say that, and you can still come back to work," I said and she nodded," I'll see you later," I said.

"Sure," she said with a smile and I walked out the door, heading to Naruto.

                     🐾🐾🐾🐾

Until next time^_^.