𝟤𝟨

***

Y/n's first impulse was to call the Coopers house, as Georgie will hopefully be there.

There was no one she needed more than him right now.

"Hello," the voice of Sheldon answered the phone.

"Sheldon, is Georgie there?" Y/n asked quickly.

"No," he answered.

"Are there any adults there?" Y/n asked, now becoming anxious.

"No, but I have an IQ of 187. I'm sure I can figure out whatever's troubling you." Sheldon said, casually.

"Im in labor, Sheldon!" Y/n said, loudly and silence followed on the line.

"Oh, dear." Sheldon said.

***

"You just had to wait until I can't find your daddy, hmm?" Y/n said, rubbing her bump a few minutes later.

She then felt a big contraction coming on and she winced as the pain hit her just as someone knocked on the door.

"Come in," she yelled through a wince.

Sheldon walked in, hands up and wearing rubber yellow dish gloves.

"Alright let's do this." He said.

"Why are you wearing dish gloves?" Y/n asked as she rubbed her belly.

"To deliver the baby." Sheldon answered.

"There's no way that's happening." Y/n said as she could not think of anything worse.

Sheldon sighed in relief, "Good." He said and sat next to y/n. "Can I get a glass of water?"

"Can you get it after I've gotten to the hospital." Y/n said, getting nervous that she was going to have to do this alone without Georgie.

"How do we expect to get there? I can't drive, would I like me to call an ambulance?" Sheldon suggested and y/n knew he just wanted to be helpful.

"No, I'll drive." Y/n said, "Please, just come with me. I don't wanna be alone."

"Okay," Sheldon nodded and they both stood up to head for the door, not before y/n got another contraction and had to stop in her tracks.

She doubled over, nearly on the ground and winced as she felt her uterus contracting, getting ready for birth.

"Does it hurt bad?" Sheldon asked.

"Yeah," y/n breathed out.

"That's unfortunate." Sheldon said. "It's my understanding that it's only going to get worse."

"Sheldon, not helping." Y/n winced as she moved to sit on the couch, "I can't drive. What am I going to do?"

"I'll be right back." Sheldon said and before y/n could ask he bolted out of the house.

He ran down the street to the Sparks house and knocked on the door quickly.

"Mrs Sparks, I need your help." Sheldon said as Brenda opened the door.

"What's with the gloves?" Brenda asked, confused as Sheldon was still wearing the yellow dish gloves.

"So I don't get placenta on my hands." Sheldon answered, causally.

"What?" Brenda asked loudly.

"Y/n is about to give birth." Sheldon nodded. "And no one is around except me."

"Is she okay?" Brenda asked, concerned. "Does she need me to drive her?"

"That will be appreciated as y/n is doubled over on the floor." Sheldon nodded.