Fun and Games

Superman: The Animated Series 'Fan Fiction Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode #2 – Fun and Games

A nice way for both Jake and Helen to help out their friend Clark Kent who was really Superman with their own fine powers. One for Jake to learn magic his own way with his very own wand, and for Helen while learning more about her mysterious arm to give her the ability to absorb any element to use as a weapon, to have some type of glove to keep it under control 'just in case'. For them to be walking back from the grocery store to talk about their new hero.

"Hey, Helen. Superman's faster than a speeding bullet."

"Sometimes he's more powerful than a locomotive."

"And he's able to leap tall buildings in a single bound..."

The two were lost afterwards on what they were getting at.

"Wait, wait." Helen stops her brother. "Where are we getting at, Jake? We know Superman can do all of those. So why say it like its a big thing?"

Jake didn't know about it either for both him and Helen to go along with it.

"Who knows..." he said to ask his sister something else next. "Anyways, Helen, I have a question. Have you seen my Mega Solder doll anywhere back at our apartment?"

It was Jake's old G.I Joe type of action figure he had ever since both him and Helen ran off to live together to have it ever since.

"That old thing...Sorry, I haven't seen it in a while or touched your stuff."

"Hey! How do I know you're not lying?!" he asked.

Jumping the gun, a little aren't you, Jake?

"Calm down." Helen flicks Jake on the head a little. "Even if I took it, you wouldn't let me since you like to clean your side of the bedroom on your own to do pretty well at it while I do it my way. I wouldn't even take that doll of yours even if I wanted to throw it away to look so old, I ask you first. Otherwise, you act just like you are right now."

"That maybe true, but I don't keep a fluffy elephant plushie when I go to sleep in my bed! And I have an action figure, not a doll!"

Now he has done it.

"Well excuse me for trying to help you, Jake! You're ten years old now, so stop acting like a little brat!" she yells back.

"I'm not!" same with him. "Sometimes I wish I could stay a kid to play with my toys forever-!"

Just as Jake and Helen were continuing to argue over nothing 'like some brothers and sisters do to one another', they stop to hear and see tons of police cars to be giving chase to an armored truck but are stopped by a smoke bomb. The two knew right away that Clark will be coming in a bit as Superman to back him up, leaving for both Helen and Jake to save their talk for later.

"Ah, Jake. Shall we get going?" Helen asked.

"Yes please." he gets his wand out to be ready and follows Helen. "But we're not talking yet."

Superman notices the smoke and goes in to investigate. He hears where the criminals were headed and takes off. As Jake can make a beam-like carpet to fly to the area where the crooks were hiding in to close the door on them, Helen uses the ground to make her arm strong to lift it for Jake crawls in but her to have a look around.

"Hey!"

Losing the door, Jake has a look around before Superman shows up.

"Not good." Jake couldn't get it to open to cause a noise. "Ah, Helen, you might want to stay there until Clark arrives. I'll be careful. I promise, and I won't be like a little boy."