Blasts from the Past Parts 1 and 2

Superman: The Animated Series 'Fan Fiction Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode #11 – Blasts from the Pasts

Inside S.T.A.R. Labs, Professor Hamilton struggles to open a compartment inside Superman's ship.

"Need a hand, professor?" Superman asks Hamilton.

With Jake and Helen arriving to the Star Labs as well, and for Helen to land on something to fall on and uses her arm a little to make something soft to land on it.

"Had a nice trip, Helen?"

"Not now, Jake, I still want to learn how to fly." she said. "Did I...?"

"Nah!" said Jake. "More like you fell."

Helen will keep on trying to know she had powers like Superman to try flying like himself soon enough.

"(I'm working on it you know!)" Helen changes the subject to ask Hamilton on what he was up to. "So, Professor, what are you trying to open up from Superman's ship?"

Superman, Helen, and Jake arriving and Superman himself offers to help but Hamilton manages to open it.

"I got it under control-!" he gets it open for the others to help Hamilton back up. "You see? No problem."

Inside the compartment is a strange device, which Superman identifies as a Phantom Zone projector.

"Looks at this thing...It looks like a super soaker." Jake said to try lifting it up but it was too heavy. "A very big one."

Helen hits Jake on the head a little.

"I thought you would be smart enough to know that it's not close to being a sucker soaker water gun, it's some type of alien machine that was..." this made Helen realize something. "Wait, a weapon from Krypton? Superman..."

Even he was shocked to see something like this from his home planet to still be intact for Helen to look at it up closely. Looking inside from the scopes it had for them to see other kinds of aliens who were all trapped inside of a different world.

"So what is it?" Jake asks. "It looks dark and disturbing."

For Clark/Superman, he seems to know a lot about it already.

"It's known as the Phantom Zone."

"Incredible." Hamilton looks at it next. "I wish the images were much clearer to see..."

Tayla: What's the Phantom Zone you may ask? I'll tell you...The Phantom Zone was an eerie twilight dimension used by the people of Krypton as a prison for the most dangerous criminals. Individuals banished to the Phantom Zone existed in a formless state, unable to affect or contact the normal world — for all intents and purposes, neither dead nor alive. In other words, its a different dimension of some kind. For Helen, Jake, Superman, and Hamilton looked into the projector but Hamilton turns a knob and accidentally releases a large creature onto Earth.

"Ah, Professor...What did you just hit?!" Helen was freaking out.

The four stayed close to one another.

"Stay behind me, Professor." Superman said. "Helen. Jake. Cover me from below."

The creature causes some slight trouble and nearly escapes, but Superman manages to subdue it (as Jake fired a lot of beam attacks, leaving Helen to shoot off some of her own thanks to her brother's help); and this allowed Hamilton to send it back to the Phantom Zone.

"Alright!" both Jake and Helen high-five each other.

"Are you okay?" With Superman checking on Hamilton, he was a bit freaked out, but he would be just fine.