Tools of the Trade

Superman: The Animated Series 'Fan Fiction Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode #9 – Tools of the Trade

Things are peaceful in Metropolis until a tank rolls up to the Metropolis Gold Exchange and attempts to break in. The SCU shows up and attempts to stop the robbery but is unsuccessful, partially due to the recklessness of Dan Turpin. For Jake to see this and how Helen was doing at work when he got out of school, the two knew what they have to do right away.

"(A tank getting gold?)" he tells Helen about it. "Helen!"

"I know, lets help out the other SCU guys to back them up before Clark arrives." Helen had her army ready to go for her as she uses a type of stone element. "Besides the two of us, Jake..."

The two say it together and then moved out.

"This is a job for Superman."

Fortunately, Clark and Lois are nearby. With Lois trying to get the story on foot, Clark goes into Superman to aid Helen, Jake, and stops the robbery. For them to try holding the tank down 'from Jake's magic to make a beam-like rope and Helen to not let go of it' was a tight tug-a-war game.

"Children...?" surprised Maggie Sawyer. "With powers?"

Dan knew who they were to be like family to them since he helped them out with a job, school, money, and apartment to stay in.

"Its Helen and Jake Star." he said. "Wow, they grow up so fast to fight...differently...But hey, they do fight for justice."

They gave it their all to keep others out of danger long enough for Clark changes into Superman and foils the robbery. Trying to give them more power to pull the tank out of the building.

"Thank you, Jake. You too, Helen. Protect everyone else while I deal with this-!"

But Superman gets hit from the tanks gun. That had to hurt...if it was a human that wasn't like Superman to get hit sometimes.

"Superman!" shock Jake. "Come on, get up!"

And he does to come flying out of the statue, allowing Helen to make a powerful shake from the ground to push up a wall to bounce the missiles from the tank off; and giving Superman to cut the gun in half, allowing him to lift it up next to bring it back down.

"Alright!" said Helen. "Jake, get the door open for Superman."

And he does that for his wand to cut through the hatchet door.

"They're all yours."

Well, Superman has done it once again to take off to leave the rest to the cops; for Helen and Jake see Dan 'to be a like an uncle to them' go to say hi.

"Isn't that Dan Turpin?"

"It is, Helen." Jake runs up to Dan. "Hi, Dan!"

Same with Helen too.

"How's it going?" she asked.

"Oh, hey you two." he hugs them. "Are you both staying out of trouble?"

"Are you kidding? We love helping out Superman. Thanks to him helping me control my arm and Jake's magic, we can do anything."

"Yeah! What Helen just said." Jake added.

Good to know they're hard-working officers in Metropolis from time to time, you know? Dan Turpin loves Helen and Jake, only to have some doubts from their main superhero himself. After the end of the chaos, Angela Chen makes the statement that Superman is the real power behind the SCU, upsetting Turpin. For Clark to be hearing about this to ask Helen about her uncle/friend type of cop.