The Way of All Flesh

Superman: The Animated Series 'Fan Fiction Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode #5 – The Way of All Flesh

It was nighttime as Helen and Jake were watching a thriller type of action movie together. A normal family fun time, for Jake didn't mention one thing about Helen Star to have some powers from her arm to be half of Superman's a little.

"Hey, Helen."

"What it is, Jake?"

"Can you fly?" he asked.

Helen was strong, skillful fighter, fast, and smart. But for flying...it was hard to say.

"No." she answers back. "Though I can absorb wind to glide myself in the air to jumping really high. Maybe I should learn how to fly later."

"Maybe if you absorb the wings from a bird."

Jake made a joke there. As they were watching a half man and half robot go up against another bad one of good version evil for Helen to say this to Jake next.

"Ah, Jake, why do you like watching these films?"

"Because its fun. But the hero isn't as the greatest one as Clark is if the main character was real." said Jake.

"Yeah, but these films in your age of ten can give you nightmares." Helen said back.

"Nah, snakes are scary. And you're afraid of being trapped in close spaces."

Now they were talking about their own fears.

"Shut it, Jake." Helen moves her hand to mess with Jake's hair.

"Ow!" he moves away. "Okay, I'll stop. But it's okay to be afraid of something we fear the most. It's normal."

Good point there, I'm afraid of bugs myself. Anyways – out in the waters had a island of a prison where the really bad criminals go to for the rest of their lives. After his fight with Superman, John Corben is locked away in Stryker's Prison, but still leads a fairly luxurious life due to his refusal to reveal Luthor's involvement. Well, that seems a bit unfair for a criminal like Corben.

"Mr. Corben, I hope you don't mind me asking, but after all these months I just gotta know. How do you rate all this?" Ralph asks the man.

And all that Corben does is to leave the guard a tip with full cash to keep Ralph's mouth shut.

"Ralph, the trick is to never underestimate the value of a good friend, and always keep your mouth shut."

However, he is suffering from pains and eventually collapses. He is taken to Dr. Vale, who informs Corben that he is dying of a fatal disease (later identified as Orozco's Retrovirus), but there is a 'cure' for it. Sometime later, someone fires missiles onto the prison. Many of the prisoners attempt to escape, but Superman manages to stop them. As Helen stopped the last missile with her hand rock type of thing with one powerful punch to make sure it didn't hit anyone else.

"Thanks, Helen!" said Superman.

"Ah, it's nothing." she said from above. "Come on, Jake has a plan to get the two escaped prisoners!"

As the thugs try to use a boat to get away, Jake has his beam to lift the boat up in the air to grab the two off the shores of the water.

"Behold, my latest magic trick to lift you two from my wand, by using one hand." he plays around to making sure they didn't get away. "Now you see it...and, now you don't. Thank you!"

Superman getting the other two back on the island and dealing with a few more that were swimming away to use a net, everything was taken care of.

"Piece of cake." said Helen.