Where There's Smoke

Superman: The Animated Series 'Fan Fiction Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode #34 – Where There's Smoke

A special private event is being held at Metropolis Harbor and a large group of people are trying to get in. However, the guard is good at his job and won't allow anyone. Just then, a woman comes in and flirts with him. The guard allows her in. Who's that?

"Hey!" the other woman got mad. "What has she got that I haven't got?!"

So much for the guard to do his duty, huh? Jerk.

"Everything."

Inside the ship, Jimmy with Helen to be on their date and Clark are covering the event: the sale of rare nautical memorabilia.

"Nice things they have in this ship. I can see why." said Helen. "Not the best date time while working, Jimmy, but it's fine as long as I have you with me."

"I know." he takes some pictures of Helen. "Hey, Clark, how much does things coast?"

"A lot." Clark answers back.

"Ah, man...And my Mom made me throw out my old models."

Helen laughs in a good way.

"I think making new ones will start a new for you." Helen said to her boyfriend to then seeing the woman walking inside of the ship. "Hey...who invited miss good-looking?"

A lot of guys were staring at her beauty, as it looked odd for Jimmy sees the woman and starts to take her picture.

"Don't know, but she might be a newest fashion model." Jimmy kept on taking lots of camera shots.

She touches the camera and leaves him.

"I hope you got my good side, kid." she said and then walks off.

When Jimmy tries to use the camera again, he finds that the film has melted. How did she...? This is getting weird.

"Out already?" Jimmy checks on his camera. "How did that happen?"

"Huh?" Helen sees it too with Clark peeking as well. "There's no way a camera like this one would melt so quickly... (Clark, I know what you're thinking about just like me, it's nothing but trouble in this place.)"

Now inside the kitchen, the woman removes her disguise and throws flames from her hands into the ventilation system of the ship. A fire is started, and the people panic.

"Let's get out of here, Jimmy." said Clark to give Helen a sign.

"Oh, right! You two find a way out and be careful!"

Clark starts to lead Jimmy and Helen shields him with the water for her to absorb from her special arm; to lead him out of the boat but retreats into the smoke to make the change into Superman.

"Clark?"

Helen saves her boyfriend in time from the raging fire.

"Fire put out..." she sees more. "Almost. Jimmy, I clear a path, keep going. By now, Superman's here to aid other people along with Clark. You head on out too while I go with him to find out who's behind this firebomb!"

The two hugged for Helen to follow Superman from inside the burning ship and fast 'since her superpowers great lot to flying as well'.

"Helen, you're beautiful and great!" Jimmy said to leave the area next. "I better go now..."

Superman and then Helen helping out both easily manages to open new escape routes and rescue the people.

"Helen, thanks." he then sees the strange woman to think she was in danger but wasn't. "Don't worry! We'll get you out of here!"