The Main Man Parts 1 and 2

Superman: The Animated Series 'Fan Fiction Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode #7 – The Main Man

Jake and Helen try to look up records about Lisa Star, their mother who went to space, fell in love with a male Kryptonian, had Helen, left her, and Jake with another man, and haven't seen her since. It was really hard to look around and for Helen to get use to her half Kryptonian arm while having better control and was feeling a better so far; both of their searching has gotten them nowhere. But maybe Professor Hamilton might know about her.

"Say, Professor, do you know anything about our mother Lisa Star?"

With Helen asking Hamilton that question, he never met face to face in person. However, he learned so much about that woman.

"Sorry. I haven't, but I know who she was." he answers. "Does that help?"

It was better than nothing for the two wanting to hear more about it.

"It's a start, right Helen?" Jake checks on his sister. "Are you sure you're feeling all right?"

"Huh?" Helen looks at her arm to still feel and act like her regular self. "I'm fine, Jake. Really. We just need to search harder."

"That's right, you two can find the answers soon enough. Anyways, about your mother..." Hamilton explains. "Lisa was a very smart woman who wanted to learn more of science and space, she was one of the smartest people in the group to go into space. For her dreams finally came true. Rumor has it.... she saved a man who looked human but was in fact an alien; and from the looks from Helen's arm tells it was the last Kryptonian for them to have you afterwards to fall in love. And then ended so soon to that person, he died from Kryptonite poisoning to at least see his half human and Kryptonian daughter. The arm would make perfect sense. Now as for Lisa letting her only daughter go and then Jake at an orphanage to leave with another man...I'm afraid I don't know much other than those things. Please forgive me."

Sad to learn a little so far, but still...it was very useful.

"Don't be, Professor. Thank you. It's a start. Jake, Superman, and I can handle the rest." this made Helen feel a bit better. "(And this time, we'll find out more about our mother and our fathers next.)"

Other than both Jake and Helen watched with Hamilton and the other people from Star Labs, they were testing something out for Superman in the desert area.

"Then let's take of break." Jake grabs hold of Helen's arm. "Come on, I want to see Superman's brand new rocket ship!"

"Oh, right." Helen remembers.

Superman gives his rocket a test run and proves that it's greater than any other ship on Earth. He finally comes to a stop and congratulates Professor Hamilton for his work on converting the rocket for manned space travel. Hamilton thanks Superman for the opportunity and wonders about other civilizations, in awe of how many of them could be even more advanced and civilized than Earth's...

"Who knows." said Superman. "If there's other life out there like us, we would be interesting to see."

Even Jake and Helen agree with their superhero friend.

"Anything's better than some aliens who want to hurt us."

"Or a giant monster to fall out of the sky. In fact, I would hate to see some living being who could be both reckless and stupid to come to our world."

Helen might've spoken too soon. Elsewhere in juxtaposition, Lobo causes a ruckus in an alien bar and captures Sqweek, a rat-like alien that apparently stole money from the alien Emperor Spooj.