Livewire

Superman: The Animated Series 'Fan Fiction Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode #14 – Livewire

Morning falls onto Metropolis and station WLXL's shock jock, Leslie Willis, comes on the air with her show 'Live Wire'. Instantly she starts her rants on Superman. For some to like it 'even Luthor' to the others at the Daily Planet, for some...Not for Jake and the other kids with their teacher to listen to the show during class, and for Jimmy and Helen to hear the whole thing back at work to be against it all.

"Give me a break..." With Helen ignoring Leslie's words on the radio show to be lifting and putting things away in seconds, Jimmy sees that mocking Superman was a big joke.

"Helen? You can't be that mad over this talk show, can you?" he asks her.

"Huh? Please tell me you're only listening to it to see how annoying it is." she said.

"I do. I think Superman's great for someone to aid others, maybe other people don't like people from another world."

"Or half breeds neither." Helen looks at her arm. "(I can't believe she's starting her own show...! The nerve!) Excuse me, Jimmy."

Everyone listens to the rants and a crane operator readily agrees with Leslie's words, but Bibbo hears the report and calls in his complaints. Leslie, however, doesn't at all care and slams him as well. For Jake goes next on the line to call up from the hallways down in school.

"Caller nine, you're on." she said.

"Is that all you talk about is hurting Superman's feeling, lady? You're such a jerk!" said Jake. "(She doesn't even know the half of Clark's cool abilities...)"

Like Leslie cares.

"Aw, cute. A little child listening in from his school thinks he can change people's minds with his little words, but that's not happening today. Sorry."

"Hey! Don't hang up on me-!" he gets hung up.

Soon enough for Jimmy and Helen hearing this on the show, Helen does it next.

"I just did. And caller seven's up." she gets the next caller. "Speak your mind."

"Oh, I'll speak about it alright, Leslie Willis. Remember me?"

From Leslie's reaction to hear Helen's voice, they 'kind of' know each other.

"Helen? Helen Star? Wow! I haven't seen you since around junior high. I got off high school to start off my dream to come true as a talk DJ host, and you're still fighting to protecting people. Now that's class. For a half breed, you're much better than Superman. Yep, I know all about you and your little half-brother Jake with his hocus pocus skills. Anyways, you come to say you're better than Superman himself?"

"No!" Helen yells during the show. "Both Jake and I happen to be good friends with Superman himself who's aiding us with powers and training. Without him, we wouldn't be good at anything at all. And for the record, we weren't friends to begin with. Because you've always been a rumor gossip type of jerk!"

Leslie just laughs for Jimmy felt bad about it.

"Ha!" she said. "But that's how I got my show, you know? Like it or not, Helen, this is who I am. You're funny. Nice talking to you, lets do lunch later. Bye-bye."

Not that was mean for Helen to break a chair in half instead of the phone after that.

"I don't believe it...She's in denial and a showoff!"

Jimmy pats Helen on the hand to calming her down.

"Take it easy, Helen, she's just getting to you is all. But I agree with you and your brother." said Jimmy. "Still, I didn't know you two were once friends."