The Late Mr. Kent

Superman: The Animated Series 'Fan Fiction Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode #29 – The Late Mr. Kent

A group of mourners from the Daily Planet, Helen, and Jake attend a memorial at the local cemetery. For Jake and Helen looked strong for this one, as Jimmy tries to be there by Helen's side by holding hands.

"This must be hard on you more than is with me too, huh Helen?"

"(Play it cool, Helen, just like Jake and I've been practicing a lot...)" she says this to her boyfriend. "I know, Jimmy, but I'm hanging in there."

"If there's anything you need, I'm here for you." he tells Helen that. "Maybe...when everything's taken care of on what 'he' left out, you and I could...I mean if you want to..."

Jimmy's trying to ask Helen out on a date.

"I would love to later."

Jake brings back to the topic at hand 'to ace like he cared'.

"More later, we're here for a certain someone, remember?" Jake said to the couple.

"Understood." Jimmy tries to wipe his tears away. "Thanks."

At least they were going out some more for Helen and Jimmy.

"I know, this is about him right now." Helen gets back to her 'acting'.

I bet you all want to know why Jake and Helen had to come along to act so calm for someone to be dead...or for others to believe in that part. For you see...This is funeral of Clark Kent's. Now you may ask yourself, huh?! Since Clark's Superman for Helen, Jake, Batman, Megan, Alfred, Gidget, Lana, and his human parents know about his secret, what happen to his other character, Clark Kent? Now you guys were going to ask that next question next, right? Well, there was a lot to explain for Jake and Helen to help their friend with a murder mystery. Another one!

Superman: [Luck. That's what it all boils down to, doesn't it? The smallest break one way or the other. It can save a life or destroy one. And you can't fight it, no matter how strong you are.] Superman watches from nearby and recalls how this all began...

A few days ago, Clark was assigned to interview Ernest Walker, a petty thief convicted of murder for 5 years, and now scheduled for execution in a week. As Jake saw a scene on his way home with his friends as Helen was cleaning up their apartment during the time to happen almost next to them; for the two siblings tell Clark all about it.

"Clark, be happy that Perry's allowing you to solve the case for Maggie and Dan to find the real killer before Ernest gets killed...We like the guy, he's been doing so well with the pizza delivery until that day from five years ago. Tell him, Jake!"

With Helen telling her little brother, Jake tells Clark on what happened.

"It started out after a Birthday party with my friends when I walked back home before Helen had one of her worrinness freak outs again. It was the same old thing to come back right away taking the bus only; for Ernest Walker use to be a thief and such while working part time as a pizza guy; not a bad person to get off on a rough start to give the man some tips when we get our snacks, and then...as Helen was fixing up the place during the time...bam!" Jake makes gun sound effects. "Just as I got back...I heard gun shots for Helen heard me come back for us to run in that area to see...a woman who was shot and killed! For Ernest was on the ground and knocked out after getting a hit to the head really hard. I think someone who's the real murderer got to the house, killed a random person who was living on her own, and then Ernest came in just as it happened." he said. "Detective Bowman was on the case back then to find proof of Ernest robbing the woman and has been in jail for five years now...found guilty, sentence him to death in a few days!"