Action Figures

Superman: The Animated Series 'Fan Fiction Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode #18 – Action Figures

Angela Chen starts up with a new segment in the news, which profiles the enemies of Superman. She starts with a profile on Metallo and recaps his disappearance at sea. For Jake and Helen to watch this on TV, Metallo was one of the hardest one so far for Superman and those two to go up against.

"Metallo, he was nothing but trouble for us!" said Helen to hated him for being a pervert to her.

"No worries, Helen." Jake said. "Even if that robo-Terminator shows up again, we know what to do next time. Me with my magic, Clark in his lead suit on to avoid the Kryptonite rock, and same with you from the arm absorbing the lead."

True, Helen could do so well to fall off the chair again.

"Ouch...That's true, though I still want to learn how to fly since Clark can so far to get powers just like his."

"It'll happen." with Jake saying so and he had something else on his mind. "(I hope my friend Bobby and his family are doing well today, they should be coming back from work tomorrow...)"

You'll see what Jake Star means there...Elsewhere, on the island of Raknaveek, a young boy, Bobby, plays with his toy action figures. As he plays, the island shakes, and he complains about the volcano that's causing the shaking. His sister, Sarita Felix, comes and asks to play but he refuses her. Sarita walks off and complains about her situation and is soon confronted by a robot that emerged from the sea. She desperately tries to climb up a cliff side but another earthquake starts and causes her to fall. The robot catches her and defends her from a falling boulder. Bobby runs up to Sarita's aid and asks the robot who he is.

"That was awesome!" said Bobby. "Where did you come from?"

The robot claims he doesn't know and he can't remember where he's from. However, he has some memories of his fight with Superman, Helen, and Jake as well as subsequent sinking into the sea.

"I... I'm not so sure..."

The children take him along and dub him 'Steel Man' based on Superman's nickname 'the Man of Steel'. At the mention of the name 'Superman', Steel Man starts to have memories of Superman attacking him. However, before he can work his way through the memories, the kids call to him and show that there's a gas truck that has crashed and is about to fall off the mountain. They tell Steel Man to save the driver which he does much to the driver's surprise.

"Steel Man! Come on!" Sarita calls out to the robot.

"Let's go!" and Bobby too.

Strange...That's Metallo to lose his memories to become Steel Man, huh? Back at the Daily Planet, Jimmy tells his fellow reporters about a report he received about a robot that saved the truck driver.

"Have you guys read this?" said Jimmy. "What about you, Helen?"

"Well, I'm not sure unless you tell me."'

"Well, some driver spotted a robot on an island of Raknaveek that rescued him. I think it's where Jake's friends' family's working at right now." he tells her.

Helen has heard ansdseen Jake's friend Bobby and his sister Sarita, for their father does volcano researching to that one off of Metropolis.

"I see...Yeah are Jake's friends. And for parenting that Bobby and Sarita have to let them play near the volcano's kind of dumb." she said. "Also-! Wait...A robot was spotted there?"

"Sounds crazy, I know."

Helen knew she had to let Clark know right away.

"Ah...Clark, could you tell Boss Perry about this please? I need to finish boxing up these profiles. Thanks!" she gets back to work to walk back with Jimmy. "(I hope Metallo's not back to cause trouble again!)"