Father's Day

Superman: The Animated Series 'Fan Fiction Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode #24 – Father's Day

It was a normal day in Metropolis for Helen was having some trouble getting her answers about her mother Lisa Star and what happened to her and such. Tel-El her father, for them to fall in love, why her own mother left Jake and Helen to live on their own with nowhere else to go, and so on...Sad, huh? Trying to gather the clues so on to have Jake worried as he too was trying to find all of the answers the most from his computer. Besides having a father like Lex Luthor and Lisa Star to be his mother to let that happened, but it wasn't bothering him about it less and seeing his older sister this upset.

"(Come on...Come on...! I know there's something here to tell me about what happened to Mom. Cancer, my Dad being a Kryptonian, why she left Jake and me...Grr! Why can't I find anything!? This is so hopeless...I wish someone can give me better clues to know more about them.)"

Jake still tries his best throughout the day for his sister.

"(Oh, Helen, I know how you feel. I wish to know what happened to Mom too.)" he gets back to work. "Well, I won't stop either until both or one of us finds something."

And hopefully soon...Elsewhere, on the distant planet Apokolips, Desaad activates a machine that is watching over Metropolis Park. Lois Lane is out for a jog and finds it: a huge metallic sphere that sprouts arms and starts tearing the place apart. Lois calls it in to the newspaper and is overheard by Clark Kent, who then takes off as Superman to deal with the machine. For Helen wasn't being herself to tell Jake about it on the phone to deal with the mess with Clark/Superman. As she finishes up work to catch up with them in a bit, Jimmy asks his girlfriend if she was feeling well.

"Helen?"

"Huh?" she sees her boyfriend. "Oh, hi Jimmy. Sorry, I haven't seen Clark since he went to work somewhere again. You know him. And his parents coming over, that's nice to have a family Father's Day coming up. I wish both Jake and I did..."

Jimmy feels bad for Helen to not have a father anymore or a mother, and for Jake to have Luthor as his real father is really hard.

"I'm sorry..." he hugs Helen. "Still trying to find more about your Mom and Dad, right? Since your father was an alien like Superman is."

"Which is why I'm a half breed. You got it."

For Jimmy will do his best finding out more answers for her if he has to.

"You know, like Jake...I can find out more about your parents too." he said to feel shy of saying it to Helen.

"Oh, that's nice of you, Jimmy, really it is, but-!" Jimmy holds up Helen's hands to really want to do it.

"Please, Helen, I don't like seeing you this upset. I would do anything for you. For us, and... You know." Jimmy gets shy again.

This makes Helen a bit better to kiss Jimmy on the cheek a little to try to catch up to both Jake and Superman right away.

"Jimmy, thank you. You're cute when you're being brave." she leaves. "I'll be back. Jake called me to see something going down where Lois is at. I'll check it out. Thanks again!"

Taking off in a hurry, Jimmy was in a daze of love to see Helen look happy again and to get kissed by her.

"You're welcome...Wow! What a woman."

Superman arrives on scene just in time to save Lois. He then finds that the sphere is equipped with a variety of weapons such as a laser, a lightning generator, and a chain saw. Jake comes in to aid Superman after using the special car to get at a nearby parking lot.